“Amazing location”

Coombe Barton Inn
Ranked #34 of 107 Restaurants in Bude
Price range: US$45 - US$45
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburgh
“Amazing location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Very old inn but clear attempt to modernize. The tiny beach is beautiful and very windy. We were above the pub which was loud due to a football match but quieted down as soon as it was over. Standard pub fare but done well.

Zurich, Switzerland
“A very welcome sight at the end of a coastal walk from Bude”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Perhaps this review will be impacted by the fact we arrived after a 4 hour 40 minute walk from Bude, but this free house, our planned stopping place, was a very welcome sight. Positioned right across from the beach, the bar snack and specials menu had plenty to choose from. When it arrived, the food was fresh and well cooked. With three choices of handpulled ales, I was spoilt for choice! Staff were very welcoming and friendly.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kevin H
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Great location - that is where it ends.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Found this place by exploring for something to eat in the evening and not knowing the local area very well we thought we would just set out. The Coombe Barton Inn is located at the bottom of Crackington Haven just opposite the entrance to the carpark and the beach.

From the outside it looks fairly well presented but that soon changes when you walk in. The place has a dated feeling, something out of the eighties with dated decor and a colour scheme to match. The staff there are friendly enough but I was greatly put off by the place. It could seriously do with updating.

My recommendation is to sit outside and enjoy the view on one of the many benches available. We did and although a little chilly it was nice to watch the sea and people.

My biggest tip for this place is to avoid paying for the carpark and use the pub carpark instead which is located to the rear of the pub (small and blink and you will miss it) but it is there and avoid the expensive charges for the carpark.

The food was nice but very overpriced for the amount you got. The menu was comprehensive and we opted for salmon steaks which was on the specials board inside the pub. The size of the portion was disappointing which left you wanting more.

I would recommend this place to anyone who has a family or dog (yes dogs allowed but not in the restaurant part) if only for the views.

• Visited July 2014
Ely, United Kingdom
“Great food, great prices and great views.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very much pub grub but good quality and generous portions.

Extremely good value for money particularly when you consider its location.

The views out of the picture window are superb.

Visited July 2014
Bodmin, United Kingdom
“Delicious crab salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I called in here today for lunch. I chose a crab salad, he had fish and chips. The food arrived in good time, and both were delicious. My crab was very fresh, a good mix of dark and white meat, served in the crab shell. My only criticism would be that the salad was a bit uninspired. It consisted of iceberg lettuce, a few bits of tomato and cucumber, red onion, pasta, cole slaw and potato salad. I would have preferred a better selection of salad leaves, particularly at this time of year when they are so plentiful. Having said that, the food was delicious, I had to give my bread roll and butter to hubby as I couldn't eat it and all was well.

The staff were attentive, asking if everything was ok, and cleared the table right after we finished eating.

• Visited July 2014