“Best food and staff”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I was here on Saturday 18.8.2012 with my husband. This was our second time to this restaurant. We went back after having an excellent dinner here a couple of years back. I had the french onion soup as a starter and it is the best one I ever had!!

Food is excellent and staff is very friendly and attentive! Definately going back here again!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Went to Le Blaireau for my birthday with my husband and two boys. We were lucky enough to be able to eat outside as lovely evening, great atmosphere on the terrace, staff charming and not phased by my enthusiastic children. Food was delicious, not cheap but very enjoyable for a special occasion. Staff picked up on a casual remark by my husband about my birthday and brought my dessert with a candle and round of "Joyeux Anniversaire". Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We had been staying in Carey's Manor so thought we would give this restaurant a try.
All I can say about it is, it is OK. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible. Just very average and I would say over-priced for what we got. I had lamb, which was nice but not succulent and juicy, quite rubbery but tasted OK. The vegetables were soggy and mushy also.
My other half had lemon sole which again wasn't amazing but edible. The staff are lovely and attentive and polite which is good but I can't say I will be rushing back to pay another visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Went to Le Blaireau for our first anniversary. First impression was not great due to decoration. However after being seated and receiving great service and food this was a wrong first impression. I think if the decor was invested in this place would be amazing.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Restaurant No 3 at Carey's Manor, and the best of them all. I like pommes dauphinoise and a good French fish soup, so could choose very quickly, and both were up to the best of British standards (you get better soupe de poisson in France).