“Great option”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our 6th visit ...never disappoints. The Moules are as good as our visits to France and the steak was great quality. It is a mixture of French/English cuisine with local produce. Staff always attentive and polite. It is a very casual environment but this takes nothing away from the food. Overall a great option for a casual meal but also for a good evening with friends. If we were more local we would definitely visit more, however we always look forward to our annual stay at Careys manor and dinner at the French Bistro.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The decor was fun and good. The menu was ok, the food too was ok (not as good as Bistro 26 where we'd eaten the evening before). The service was extremely poor: we didn't feel looked after and were left for long periods unattended. After our main meal plates were finally cleared and we said yes to the dessert menu, it didn't appear for 10-15 minutes. By this time our evening felt spoilt and we just paid the bill and left. It wasn't that busy, so no excuse there.

1  Thank PaulGuildford
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Took four generations of my family for my daughter's birthday lunch. We sat outside on the terrace and the sun was shining. We could have been in France. The staff were very attentive and provided a high chair for my 10 month old grandson who tried just about everything apart from the escargots. Try the terrine of confit duck and caramalised onions or the rabbit and smoked bacon for starters. Our entrees were steak, canon of lamb and sea bass which were all beautifully cooked and presented. I would not have the escargots againas they were very small and quite dry but I would go back again like a shot.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very overpriced here for what you get. Part of order never arrived and wine prices far too steep. The whole French thing is a bit of a farce to me - ok I speak fluent French but this place isn't reminiscent of the France I know. It only took us 10 years to come back here after our last visit- I'm afraid we won't be hurrying back!

1  Thank JaneMLymington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is our 4th visit to this restaurant the food was very good and the service was the same.
Should add some new french dishes to the list of excelent food.