“Great place to stay”

The Blacksmith's House
Ranked #6 of 31 Brockenhurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Me & my boyfriend have just returned from a two night stay in the Mary Queen of Scots room. We thought the Blacksmith house was a lovely place to stay & can highly recommend it. The room was clean & cosy with a really nice en suite bathroom which had a roll top bath which was great for a soak after a long day out. We found it & Tracy very welcoming with a home from home feel lovely breakfast in the large breakfast room where you could chat with Tracy & the other guests about your day. Lovely home made food, pancakes & shortcake were great. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Its nice to hear from guests who enjoy the home cooking and family breakfast, I think that it is part and parcel of staying in a B&B.
I look forward to seeing you again soon, don't forget to book through our website and use your discount as a returning guest.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Myself and two friends planned a last minute girly weekend to the new forest. We spent one night here, but wished it had been more. The location is great, very handy for the station. The breakfast was delicious and informal, Tracy the lovely owner, made us feel welcome, at home and inspired with her great stories!! The homemade cakes and scones were also a very lovely touch. The rooms were very clean and cosy (ours was a large family room, big enough for the three of us to sleep comfortably) and the fire in our room was turned on when we arrived. We will definitely be back. I miss it already!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

The pleasure was all mine. What a great breakfast and I do hope you will all be back again soon. I forgot to give you the discount voucher but have sent it on by email please remember to book through our own website when you come back to ensure you get your word of mouth discount at any time of year. Don't work to hard.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Came in to breakfast with my daughter and met the host Tracy. Although friendly i was not at all impressed with her comment re my daughter learning to talk "what a horrible noise". We found this very offensive and made us uncomfortable everytime Lana opened her mouth. Toddlers cry and toddlers can be loud - thats toddlers. I guess Tracy is from a time / class where children should be seen and not heard. Potential guests should also take care before booking the smaller room - note there are no photos on the website. This probably says enough.
On a positive note all the other rooms are nice and the food was lovely. I still consider the accomadation value for money - despite being a stones throw from pubs, railways and firestations. Never been on this site before but this stay made me.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank matthew061078

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. It is so important that like minded people know what to expect and these reviews are a great way of passing on genuin and honest experiences.
I'm glad you found the rooms and food nice and the accommodation good value.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

We have just spent 2 nights at this lovely little B&B. Very good location close pubs and the train station. Cosy and warm rooms and a good selection for breakfast. Tracey makes you feel very welcome and you feel at home as soon as you get there! The afternoon tea is a great idea and possibly the best homemade scones i have ever tasted! We would definately stay here again and highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

It was a pleasure to have you to stay. the scones are a special success of mine for years but I could never make bread as a young woman. As I have aged I have master the bread as well. In the summer tea also includes things like victoria sandwich or chocolate cake.
If your planning to come back soon remember you can add a Monday to your stay for just £30.00(minimum 2 nights)
I look forward to seeing you again soon and I promise to look up, and keep an eye on those cobwebs!!!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We have just spent 3 nights here with our dog and will definitely go back again. We liked the fact that you could let yourself in and make your self at home without someone looking over your shoulder. We had no problems during our stay, a lovely breakfast was set out for us by Tracy the next morning again we were made to feel at home and didn't feel like we were paying guests more like extended family. The rooms have everything you need and are comfortable and homely a really nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

I really enjoy having you to stay. I think B&B should be special and the home-made cakes, bread and biscuits seem to be winning me guests who like to be looked after. It's a bit like staying with an aunt where you have the freedom to come and go and the comfort and convenience of something nice to eat whenever you want it without fuss or bother.
The location is good with so many good eating places on hand, the staition a short walk and the forest just around the corner.
Come and see me again soon and remember to use your word of mouth discount when you book through our website.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Stayed here just before Christmas (2012), whilst on a weekend's cycling round the New Forest; the rooms were well appointed, hospitality first-class (with special notice for the home-made scones) and there were no issues with muddy cycling kit. One minor grumble, the heating came on a little late for winter. Happily recommend and return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Delighted you enjoyed the scones they are amazingly tasty when your get back from a days cycling.
I have addressed the heating and we now have it on earlier in the afternoon and warmer during the day.
IWhen you book again remember to use your word of mouth discount which is available to you , your friends and family when the booking is made through our website. We also have a great offer until the end of April Add a Monday to your stay for only £30.00prpn again this applies when you book through our website.
I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed one night to attend a wedding nearby. It was a lovely comfortable place to stay. Good value, welcoming, clean and comfortable. Everything as advertised.
Amazing home baking from the biscuits in the room to the scones left out for a late night nibble on our return. Breakfast was very good also with delicious home baking.
I would recommend this B&B. V close and convenient to Careys manor spa hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

It was good to have you to stay. The baking will always be here so come back and see me again soon.
Remember to pass on the word of mouth discount to family and friends when they book through my own website and remember to use it yourself soon.