The Blacksmith's House
US$209
US$203
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$154
Rhinefield House Hotel(Brockenhurst)
  • Breakfast included
Forest Park Hotel(Brockenhurst)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsducking stoolhome made cakessconestrain stationb bcooked breakfastmary queen of scotsafternoon teahome from homenew forestfresh milksingle roomdefinitely stay here againexcellent showera lovely place to staylast minute bookinga stones throw
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Made to feel very welcome by Tracey who gave me a book I found on the shelves which had been afavourite of mine when I was very young. Excellent breakfast and the nearby pubs, especially the Snakecatcher, are great too. Will return!

Room Tip: Cat and Fiddle is good
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

I was pleased to let you have the book. Staying at the Blacksmiths House is supposed to be like staying with an aunt, where you might find that book you have not seen for years. I hope you enjoyed reading it again.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a fabulous stay at The Blacksmiths House. We found the location very handy, the room really comfortable but best of all owner Tracey made ever effort to ensure we had a great trip. This extended past our checkout when she dried our wet clothes and gave us hot chocolates when our Forrest walk turned into a heavy rain shower. Planning on going back when the weather is better. Highly recommend staying here if you get the chance.

• Stayed: March 2013

It was a pleasure to help out. There is no fun in travelling home with wet clothes. Its getting warmer next week so remember to use your returning guests discount when you book through our website and come and see the forest in the sun shine.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We have just returned from our second stay at the Blacksmith's House, this time with our 8 yr old daughter. We all love it there. The rooms are well presented and clean, as you'd expect but it is Tracey that makes the stay that much more special and enjoyable. She really does make you feel like you are staying with an old friend. Her stories and knowledge of the Forest are amazing. Our daughter particularly liked breakfast time, meeting and chatting with the other guests. There is plenty of food for breakfast, and Tracey's pancakes are delicious. We are already planning our next visit! Thank you Tracey for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

It was lovely to meet your daughter and she seemed to really enjoy her visit to the forest. What an amazing walker she is. I really enjoyed having you back to stay and look forward to seeing you again. The first foal has been spotted on Burley Lawn and I will try to get a photo later and post it on facebook. Please remember to pass on the discount to friends and family when they book through our website or by phone.
Kind regards
Tracy

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Stayed here for one night to attend a wedding nearby, and loved our stay. In the end there were nine of us, with two couples staying two nights. Arrival late afternoon was lovely as some of them were already there and it was like going into a friends house. We chose to have a Chinese take away in the evening (although there was a variety of places to eat within walking distance), having had a wonderful tea prepared by Tracey, and breakfast was superb - my husband says the home baked ham deserves a special mention!. None of us felt that we needed a cooked breakfast, Tracey's bread, cake and scones were divine, and on top of that we all had trays in our room with more home made biscuits. Our rooms were all lovely, spotlessly clean with modern bathrooms. My elderly Mother was in The Cat, which does not have an en-suite bathroom, but it is only a few steps along the landing, and she was quite happy, although in fairness, we were all family and friends. We laughed at the wardrobe - which is old - and has a message on it to the effect that it is awaiting refurbishment, but the shelves and hanging rail are all there, so what's the problem?! As you can tell, we were all very happy, and hope to return some time. Great location, and Tracey was such a good hostess and so friendly, so lots of information about the area. Look at their website and book direct, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

It was really nice to be able to have your family to stay and it sounds like you all enjoyed a great take away. The house really lends itself to gatherings and I hope that you will pass on the idea of renting the whole house on a self catering basis for friends and family get together's.
I have already received a booking from your recommendation and look forward to meeting your friends soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Wow what can I say stayed in the cat and fiddle room loverly.the house is in perfect position for everything .the room was very clean on arrival perfect for us .the home made cakes and biscuits and bread was out of this world .and can I just say Tracey the owner was just an amazing women so polite helpful it was loverly sitting round a big table for breakfast chatting with everyone so perfect I have to say I book into loads hotel etc for my work and this is just the best place I have stayed totally totally recommend this b &b it's a must

• Stayed: March 2013
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

I like the Cat and Fiddle room too. Its comfortable and the shower is great. Sitting around in the morning at breakfast and enjoying all the guests stories as they share their experiences of the forest and stories about who they have met and where they have been is one of the nice things about that big breakfast table. I think being on holiday is all about new adventures and sometimes you miss things so hearing about places from other guests is such fun. I do hope you will come back soon and do remember to take advantage of the returning guests discount when you book through our website
Kind regards