“A wonderful place to stay for exploring the New Forest”

The Blacksmith's House
Ranked #6 of 31 Brockenhurst B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I had a lovely stay at Tracy's place. I was based in Brockenhurst to film disused railways and each day involved plenty of walking and cycling across the forest and coming back to the Blacksmith's House was lovely after an exhausting day. Delicious home made biscuits in a jar in my room every day on my return, lovely comfy bed, good working wi-fi that I needed and friendly folk at breakfast. Breakfast in itself was a treat, so much variety ! Really enjoyed the home made bread for my toast and the rich variety of fruit. Tracy was a great hostess and even offered to do some washing for me as she knew I'd been away from for two weeks by the time I got to her. Some other reviews have been less kind about the Cat room and bijou shower room, but I have to say I found both suited me very well, were clean, fully working and comfortable. I will be back ! So long as you promise to keep making those lovely biscuits.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dumpman
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for your review. The DVD is in the computer in the dining room for all to see Hope you get some sales from it.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

What a wonderful place to stay - really is a home from home.

Hospitality was excellent - loved the fact that we could make our own sanwiches from the breakfast spread before heading off for the day. Home made cakes in the afternoon were also a treat

Would highly recommend and we will definately stay again - Tracy put herself out to acommodate our request for a late checkout and this was much appreciated

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay. there is so much to see and do here. It is always great to see guests making the most of their stay.
I hope to see you again soon and please remember to use you discount for friends and family who book on your reccomendation

Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is a very welcoming bed & breakfast establishment in Brockenhurst, New Forest. It is very much like visiting a favourite Aunt as Tracey bakes her own cakes and shortbread biscuits all of which are delicious! Pancakes at breakfast were lovely as was all the fabulous choices on offer.
Room was comfortable & clean, bed a little too springy but ok.
on the whole very nice and would stay again, thanks Tracey!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed the home baking. Please don't forget to use the discount for returning guests family and friends when you book through our website. You can also share the discount when you like us on facebook. (a bit technical I know but apparently good for business). I hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We has two nights at The Blacksmith's House in April 2013. Tracy is a lovely host and made us feel very welcome. Her home made cakes and bread are absolutely lovely. Breakfast is a very sociable event with guests chatting over a lovely breakfast that includes smoked salmon, cooked ham, eggs and really great home made pancakes (and much more). Tracy encouraged us to make up a sandwich for lunch each day from the breakfast fare which was very helpful. Our room (The Ducking Stool) was warm and comfortable with a good shower. Would recommend as a B&B if looking to stay in the New Forest. Thank you Tracy. Tom & Helena.

1  Thank Thomas I
blacksmithshouse, Owner at The Blacksmith's House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you both for being such good guests. Its easy to look after nice people and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please remember to let all your friends know that you will get a discount if they tell me you reccommeded them, if they book through my website or by phone.
I hope to see you again.
PS Harriet saw the first foal on Burley Lawn this morning

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Room was comfortable and warm, breakfast great but few niggles:
1) Woken up in the morning by host cooking breakfast (single door divided our room and kitchen).
2) Fireplace let out awful burning smell when switched on.
3) TV remote did not work.
4) First words from host to me were "don't slam the door", rather than "good morning".
5) Wet room has visible limescale, some fittings broken and water went literally everywhere. You couldn't use the toilet once someone had showered.

Room Tip: I stayed in Red Lion room, please see comments above.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DowieCam

Thank you for your review and comments it does help to keep the place up together. I am so pleased you found the room comfortable, the Aga in the kitchen makes it a nice warm house.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Made to feel very welcome by Tracey who gave me a book I found on the shelves which had been afavourite of mine when I was very young. Excellent breakfast and the nearby pubs, especially the Snakecatcher, are great too. Will return!

Room Tip: Cat and Fiddle is good
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

I was pleased to let you have the book. Staying at the Blacksmiths House is supposed to be like staying with an aunt, where you might find that book you have not seen for years. I hope you enjoyed reading it again.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had a fabulous stay at The Blacksmiths House. We found the location very handy, the room really comfortable but best of all owner Tracey made ever effort to ensure we had a great trip. This extended past our checkout when she dried our wet clothes and gave us hot chocolates when our Forrest walk turned into a heavy rain shower. Planning on going back when the weather is better. Highly recommend staying here if you get the chance.

• Stayed: March 2013

It was a pleasure to help out. There is no fun in travelling home with wet clothes. Its getting warmer next week so remember to use your returning guests discount when you book through our website and come and see the forest in the sun shine.