“Fantastic Bed & Breakfast”
Review of Little Heathers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
Little Heathers
Ranked #4 of 31 Brockenhurst B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Bed & Breakfast”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have just spent 3 nights at Little Heathers. Wendy and Paul could not have made us feel more welcome. On arrival we had a delicious cream tea of home made scones and cakes. We stayed in the Burley room which opened out onto a patio overlooking their beautiful garden where the only sound was of birds singing. Our room including the en-suite bathroom was spacious and immaculate in every way and there was nothing more that we could have asked for. Breakfast was superb, so much choice and cooked to perfection, it really set us up for the day. Wendy was kind enough to show us their other room, the Boldre Room, which was also superb and we would have been more than happy to have had this room if the Burley room had not been available. Thank you Wendy and Paul, (not forgetting Phoebe) we hope to see you again later this year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Southend on Sea
Reviewed 4 May 2014

It is all true what they say. It is a wonderful place to escape and you feel so well looked after and made very welcome in their lovely home. We stayed in the lovely Burley room, which over looks the garden. The room is a good size and it has lovely personal touches very where. I have never seen such a clean place. It puts my home to shame. The breakfast is amazing. Lots of cereals to choose, fresh fruit and yogurt. Then a great choice of cooked fresh breakfast, made to order there and then. It is well located near Brockenhurst and the New forest and wildlife on your door step. We felt so relaxed and didn't want to leave this haven. We will be back for our next fix soon. Thank you Wendy for looking after us and making your home feel like a retreat.

Room Tip: Burley room. Over looks the lovely garden and wild life.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ladyeireEssex
Kent, England
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I booked two nights over the Easter bank holiday weekend last Autumn as a suprise Christmas present for my mum and my daughter (the latter having an obsession with all things horse/pony related). We booked both rooms within Little Heathers and all along Wendy was always super helpful, with everything from restaurant choices to missing the local traffic.

Little Heathers doesn't feel like a B&B, you feel like you are staying in the home of a family friend. The rooms are spacious with lots of amenities and the gardens are immaculate also. My mum has been suffering with her back for a while and initially I was concerned about how she would sleep but she hasn't stopped talking about how comfortable the bed was and how much more relaxed she felt for our stay.

Once of the key things for me was being within walking distance of local wildlife, well on the Saturday I walked out of the drive to find a group of five ponies munching on the grass! We walked into Brockenhurst village both days, it only takes 10-15 minutes so is really very well located. We loved the little turndown touches and breakfast was an amazing selection as well. Brockenhurst has to be one of the best locations within the New Forest and you really cannot go wrong with Little Heathers, when we come back it's exactly where we will stay again.

Many thanks Wendy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jody2803
Surrey
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Spent one night at Little Heathers in April. The owner, Wendy, was wonderful - very welcoming and helpful. She even offered to drive us to a restaurant in the evening. The room (Burley) was a good size, extremely clean and with lots of personal touches. Very comfortable bed too! Lovely complimentary cream tea and excellent breakfast. The location is perfect for exploring the New Forest. One of the best B & B's I have stayed in!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catface_1981
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked this for my Mother-in-Law's 80th birthday bash. They loved every minute of it. Apparently the welcome was fantastic. Little touches here and there throughout the room and the hotel. It was like listening to someone from "Four in a Bed" and they could find no wrong with it what so ever.
Thanks for topping off my Mother-in-Law's 80th year.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 638Buttocks
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I had an absolutely incredible stay at Little Heathers. Paul and Wendy made me feel so at home! The rooms were extremely clean and tidy. There were so many personal touches that really made my stay special. I look forward to staying there again! Highly recommended!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cmlauver
Warwick
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Rated Number 1 in Brockenhurst and so it should be. It is difficult to add to the acclaims that have already been posted as, if this is not the perfect B&B in the UK, then I don't know what is.
For our visit everything was made perfect for us by the charming couple Paul and Wendy, and nothing was too much trouble to make this a truly memorable visit.
If you need to visit the New Forest, or even Southampton for that matter, I can think of no nicer place to stay. I now need an excuse to return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Montagu Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
The Crown Manor House Hotel
Daisybank Cottage Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Been to Little Heathers? Share your experiences!