Forest Park Hotel
US$230
US$209
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Restaurant
New Park Manor(Brockenhurst)
Rhinefield House Hotel(Brockenhurst)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrefurbished roomrear gardenlovely hotelbuilding workcream teafull englishbrockenhurst villagebeautiful locationplenty of hot waterhotel is situatedlovely gardenlog firerenovationdogforestwalkshorses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel offers great value for money with very reasonable rates, excellent food, friendly helpful staff in a wonderful location. The hotel may be in need of some modernisation but it's very charming and full of character unlike some soulless hotels I've stayed in. The room was clean, a very comfortable bed, huge bathroom and just so relaxing. This was a second stay here and it won't be the last!

• Stayed: March 2014
FTPManagement, Front Office Manager at Forest Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Hello Emmjfell,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed the atmosphere & character of the hotel and had a relaxing stay with us.
I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I returned to the Forest Park for a one night stay, choosing on price only, and was interested to see how the new management had progressed since my last visit. Overall it is clear that some of the previous issues with the state of the property had been addressed, but they still have quite a bit to do. There is building work going on that has meant much reduced parking, but there is also evidence of a new broom and improvement.

My first issue was booking on the website - screen does not show all fields that need to be completed without zooming in and nowhere that I could see to advise that I was bringing a dog. On arrival the receptionist was less than engaging and not very forthcoming. Our room was one of the older ground floor ones and shows its age, but clean and comfortable. Bit offputting though to have a bathroom plastered with notices (the same one three times screaming at me to use the toilet responsibly). There was no hotel details in the room; we had to seek out a bar menu for ourselves.
Breakfast was good, apart from the chef spoiling the sauté potatoes and mushrooms with an unnecessary blanket of salt. Service prompt and cheerful.

Would I go again? At current prices it offers good value but I suspect once renovations are complete these will fall back in line with other New Forest establishments and I doubt that the Forest Park will be able to complete on quality alone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham D
FTPManagement, General Manager at Forest Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your review, We apologise for the issues you encountered during your stay and we will do our upmost to rectify those issues, as you are aware it is work in progress, with regards to our room rates I would hope they will always reflect good value money and stay inline with seasonal changes and our competitors, I am sure we will be in touch with a great offer for you in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I held a Hollywood themed birthday party for my 13 year old daughter and around 50 of her friends at the hotel last Friday. Every member of staff we encountered was incredibly friendly and couldn't do enough to help us with any of the planning and organisation. The owner donned his dinner suit and played 'bouncer'for the evening to really give it that A-list feel!! There were some complaints about noisefrom guests staying in the hotel, but the management were not worriedas they want this hotel to become a favourite choice for private functions and are trying to update the hotel with a more lively feel. The food is excellent, the bar well stocked (obviously the children did not worry about this,but a number of their parents stayed and were warmly treated). We look forward to finding a rewason to use this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
FTPManagement, Front Office Manager at Forest Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hi hjd79.

Thank you for your excellent review and I am so glad your daughter enjoyed her birthday party with us! I hope you can visit us again soon for another event! Thanks for the photos on our Facebook page also, the cake looked fabulous!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our Anniversary and wanted a peaceful place to go. We were impressed. The attention/service is lovely, from front desk staff to waiters, they were all sweet and kind. The room was very clean, cozy matress, peaceful place to sleep and the room is very simple but charming.
It is really close to the forest and the meadows, you can walk there as it is some minutes walk.
The food is delicious so you dont have to go to the town next to it. In a few words, we got a lot more than we originally expected. I simply recommend it. I will definitively go back.

Room Tip: Their food at the hotel is all nice. However, the best for us was the juicy and soft rump steak... so delicious... Rooms with view to the woods are lovely as well if you enjoy nature and to listen to birds.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
FTPManagement, Front Office Manager at Forest Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello RoselenaM.

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and enjoyed your evening dinner, especially the Steak, which really is delicious!

Thanks again, look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Those familiar with the original work in progress might agree that whilst the end product was something special, the episodes along the way weren't half bad either.

Not that we were there for anything so moribund, rather a birthday reunion at somewhere we had last visited all of 20 years before, even if just to have a drink or three.

So this time we stayed, and if your review criteria are based on whether you feel better for having done so, then it should be obvious that the answer was yes.

The staff without exception looked as if not only were they pleased to be there themselves, but that you were too: neither did the food smilingly served leave anything to be desired. On top of all this, should your idea of a pleasant end to the day be to retire early to bed, don't: retire to the bar instead and enjoy some beer as good as it was all those years ago.

It would be worth going back every couple of weeks just to see how they're getting on...........if only..................

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hi ImaxJ,

Thank you kindly for your 5* review!
I am glad you enjoyed your stay, dinner and the beer on offer at the bar, we have plenty real ale!
I will pass on your wonderful comments to the staff, who will be pleased!

Hope to see you again very soon...

Kindest Regards,