We got married in May and had our reception at the Balmer Lawn, and it was perfect! As we had a lot of family and friends travelling down to be with us, we made a weekend of it and pretty much took over the hotel for both the Friday and Saturday night, with lots of people staying. Through all of the planning Gemma was brilliant - we managed to get exactly the right types of rooms for people, and coordinate it so that groups of family/friends were all staying near each other on each floor. We had a large group of people so it wasn’t an easy thing to do, but Gemma definitely helped with this and kept us updated every step of the way. We had a number of suppliers for the reception itself and again Gemma was the main contact, liaising with everyone, making sure everything was in place for our special day. Having one person to deal with made it so much easier for us, and it's nice to deal with someone who remembers your name and details, we really felt that she'd taken an interest in our wedding weekend.
Our guests started arriving on the Friday afternoon and so we had arranged with Gemma to have special group settings for dinner so we could all sit and be served together. This went so smoothly and gave a really special start to our wedding weekend. All of our friends and family loved the hotel and the service was spot on. On the morning of the wedding, Gemma even brought pictures of the reception rooms to me when I was getting ready so that I could see all the decorations etc in place - one thing off my mind! She even waited with my brother and I for the wedding car & carried my train & helped me in.
Jon was our toastmaster, and from the minute we met he was professional and so helpful. We had some very last minute changes to speech order and he made sure everything went smoothly, managing to keep some surprises from me! The food for the wedding breakfast was superb - the menu tasting was delicious and we wondered if the quality would be the same for a large number of guests - it was even better, we wish we hadn’t been so full of excitement from our service (& nerves before speeches!) & could have eaten more! Fab reviews from all of our guests, and I am told the evening buffet was just as delicious with not a crumb left (I was too busy dancing to eat any!)
From start to finish our weekend was fantastic - all of our guests were looked after, and that was our priority, as we wanted to make sure it was a weekend that everyone enjoyed, being looked after with nothing to worry about. Every last detail was catered for and the staff were just brilliant, helpful, friendly, and couldn’t do more for us all.
We will definitely be back not only for our anniversary but for other meals and get togethers too; it’s a very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A good quality 4 Star Hotel & Spa set right in the heart of the beautiful New Forest National Park. We have extensive leisure facilities - indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, 6 Spa treatment rooms and relaxation area, tennis and squash courts and fully equipped gym. Beresford's our award winning restaurant with 2 AA Rosettes offers some of the finest locally sourced foods in the area. You can access the Forest directly from the hotel. We have 6 rooms suitable for private, wedding and conference/corporate use. The hotel is privately owned and managed and we pride ourselves on offering great service. Book directly with the hotel for the best rates and room allocations inclusive of a full English breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest