There was a small confusion over rates which we resolved satisfactorily before arriving (with a final conversation at check in). Although not the ideal start to our stay, the staff at the hotel did a super job in looking after our group (thanks Agi, Mark and the rest of the team) and managed to make the entire experience very good and we will definitely stay again.
The superior rooms were fine, the mini pool was fun for young children and the food was actually very good.
Overall a good hotel with even better staff.
We left my daughters swim goggles and these are being sent back to us (thank you), but charging £7.50 to post them is I believe a silly area to make profit in the hotel trade. It still gets a 'very good' rating though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A good quality 4 Star Hotel & Spa set right in the heart of the beautiful New Forest National Park. We have extensive leisure facilities - indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, 6 Spa treatment rooms and relaxation area, tennis and squash courts and fully equipped gym. Beresford's our award winning restaurant with 2 AA Rosettes offers some of the finest locally sourced foods in the area. You can access the Forest directly from the hotel. We have 6 rooms suitable for private, wedding and conference/corporate use. The hotel is privately owned and managed and we pride ourselves on offering great service. Book directly with the hotel for the best rates and room allocations inclusive of a full English breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest