Stayed in 2009 so can only base this review on then. The hotel at that time was three stars and looking at getting four, it was a little shabby around the edges ie holes in lamp shades and tired old carpet on the amazing stairwell... BUT that is what we loved about the place, it was charming and relaxing and we took our old dog so we weren't on edge about all that stuff! Beware, don't get drunk and go out on the drive as you may fall down the cattle grid as I did or get kicked by a horse... Not the fault of the hotel and all added to the experience. Love this hotel, really hope I can get back there someday.... Oh and the food in the restaurant was AMAZING!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A good quality 4 Star Hotel & Spa set right in the heart of the beautiful New Forest National Park. We have extensive leisure facilities - indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, 6 Spa treatment rooms and relaxation area, tennis and squash courts and fully equipped gym. Beresford's our award winning restaurant with 2 AA Rosettes offers some of the finest locally sourced foods in the area. You can access the Forest directly from the hotel. We have 6 rooms suitable for private, wedding and conference/corporate use. The hotel is privately owned and managed and we pride ourselves on offering great service. Book directly with the hotel for the best rates and room allocations inclusive of a full English breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest