I won a weekend away at this hotel and I can say I was very surprised. I've read some of the negative points about this hotel and was a little sceptical before arrival. The hotel is beautiful. We were actually in room 30 the Honeymoon Suite and it was very spacious, very romantic, and had lovely views of the cricket pitch. The hotel has a gym/sauna/spa/indoor and outdoor pools/squash courts/a lovely peacful bar and sits in beautiul surroundings. I'm actually thinking of this as an otpion for my daughters wedding and she is extremely fussy.
While we were there, there was a wedding reception. The room and surrounding area for the reception looked amazing and the bride and groom seemed ecstatic. The reception was kept away from the main bar and restaurant and there was no intrusion or people scrambling over each other.
We ate at the hotel both nights and also for the Sunday carvery. The restaurant has a lovely ambience and the food was lovely. Breakfast was exceptional - so much to choose from you definitely won't go hungry. We ordered Sauvignon wine each evening which was a very nice Marlborough. The wine list covers all tastes. The menu changes each day so there is always something different to choose the food is very very nice.
We hired cycles and went exploring (the hotel provide these at a small charge). The little village of Brockenhurst is picturesque and there are some nice country pubs. We had lunch in the Snakecatcher public house and were seated in the garden - very nice food.
We wanted to say a big thank you to Agi who made our stay very special. But every member of staff was helpful and accommodating at all times - nothing seemed too much effort. Housekeeping visited each evening in case your tea/coffee supplies neeeded replenishing or whether there as anything you needed.
The hotel was very clean. There is ample parking outside and they also allow dogs to stay in somerooms. While we were there people were staying with their dogs but we were never disturbed by the animals and there was no evidence of them actually being around.
Thank you once again for a lovely stay and we hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A good quality 4 Star Hotel & Spa set right in the heart of the beautiful New Forest National Park. We have extensive leisure facilities - indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, 6 Spa treatment rooms and relaxation area, tennis and squash courts and fully equipped gym. Beresford's our award winning restaurant with 2 AA Rosettes offers some of the finest locally sourced foods in the area. You can access the Forest directly from the hotel. We have 6 rooms suitable for private, wedding and conference/corporate use. The hotel is privately owned and managed and we pride ourselves on offering great service. Book directly with the hotel for the best rates and room allocations inclusive of a full English breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest