We booked the hotel as it was my birthday weekend and also my partner starts his radiotherapy in April and we wanted a relaxing weekend together. We booked a 3 night bliss package which included a wonderful afternoon tea on arrival on the Friday afternoon. We had a 1 hr spa massage / reflexology treatment each on the Saturday morning and another 45 mins on the Monday morning - we cannot thank the spa staff enough they were just great especially with my partners illness- just wonderful.
All the staff from arrival to leaving we're friendly welcoming and made our stay just what we wanted.
We did have a few problems, a leak from the ceiling on our 2nd night whilst getting ready for dinner which required a move to a standard room for one night and then we were moved to the luxury honeymoon 4 poster room for our last night. Not quite our plan for my birthday night finishing dinner and quick pack and move but It was an unusual way to see 3 types of room though- it was one of those things and could not be helped but the staff were very good.
All in though I preferred our 1st room which had a balcony and was bliss sitting out there on Saturday afternoon with a pot of tea in the sunshine.
The food was really good, plenty of choice for breakfast and pleasant service.
The pool, sauna and spa tub was especially nice on the Friday as not busy at all but the Saturday to many children for me, so when we come back, which we will, it will be during the week so it is quieter.
This is a wonderful hotel for a relaxed enjoyable stay with some walks from the hotel (useful to take a walking map) and easy to drive around.
Looking forward to coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A good quality 4 Star Hotel & Spa set right in the heart of the beautiful New Forest National Park. We have extensive leisure facilities - indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, 6 Spa treatment rooms and relaxation area, tennis and squash courts and fully equipped gym. Beresford's our award winning restaurant with 2 AA Rosettes offers some of the finest locally sourced foods in the area. You can access the Forest directly from the hotel. We have 6 rooms suitable for private, wedding and conference/corporate use. The hotel is privately owned and managed and we pride ourselves on offering great service. Book directly with the hotel for the best rates and room allocations inclusive of a full English breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest