15 of us (including one infant) stayed for my Dad's 70th birthday on the Spring Bank Holiday Sunday, and despite our number with 7 rooms, a guide dog and a small child, they did exceptionally well! All rooms were available on arrival and a list for the evening meal had been created so they could prepare our large order in advance! The room that my partner and I had was on the second floor and overlooked the cricket green. We were taking our dog, but a last minute decision we left him with my mother in law. The room was great, spacious and had doggie facilities in there! My only complaint about the room was the bed. Some may like a soft mattress that you sink into and lay in a trough all night, but I have a lower back problem, so my night was particularly uncomfortable! I actually think the mattress could do with replacing if I'm honest...
The evening meal was great, nobody complained and nothing went back! Breakfast was good too! The reception area was turned into a buffet and was laid out the night before (we went to bed quite late!), so early risers could get their breakfast! We had a table reserved for breakfast so we could all sit together.
The location is fabulous! It's right next to the stream, where we have visited on numerous occasions as a family in our younger years and more recently camping nearby. It's between Lyndhurst and Brockenhurst, so slap bang in the middle of the forest.
Overall, our experience was great and the price for 15 people, 7 rooms, a 3 course meal with wine and liqueurs for the adults and breakfast, was under £1700, which was fantastic!
Would definitely stay again (in a different bed though), just a lovely place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A good quality 4 Star Hotel & Spa set right in the heart of the beautiful New Forest National Park. We have extensive leisure facilities - indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, 6 Spa treatment rooms and relaxation area, tennis and squash courts and fully equipped gym. Beresford's our award winning restaurant with 2 AA Rosettes offers some of the finest locally sourced foods in the area. You can access the Forest directly from the hotel. We have 6 rooms suitable for private, wedding and conference/corporate use. The hotel is privately owned and managed and we pride ourselves on offering great service. Book directly with the hotel for the best rates and room allocations inclusive of a full English breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest