Balmer Lawn
  • Restaurant
US$349
US$327
Travelocity
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$182
New Park Manor(Brockenhurst)
Rhinefield House Hotel(Brockenhurst)
  • Breakfast included
1,780 results
All reviewsberesfords restaurantsaltus spathird floornew forestjacuzzi and saunasuperior roomindoor and outdoor poolsleisure facilitiescomplimentary upgradeafternoon teaforest viewlovely hotelfour posterlounge areaspa treatmentsfamily roomrestaurant manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently booked a party of 36 guests into the hotel for a corporate event hosted by my company, I dealt with a lady called Francesca from the Events Management Team, she was extremely helpful and efficient, the event ran smoothly the food was good and all the guests were happy with their stay at the Balmer Lawn. This is the second time I have used the hotel for a corporate function and would have no hesitation in using them again or recommending them to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HolmWick, General Manager at Balmer Lawn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your corporate event held at the Balmer Lawn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we were able to have your event running successfully and you enjoyed all our home made food as well as our service. Many thanks also for your comments about Francesca, my very efficient event’s organiser, definitely an asset to our business. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for future events.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for a wedding in Sept 2012 to attend a wedding at the hotel. We were very impressed with the quality of the restaurant and the service was absolutely first class. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Would love to return here again if we get the chance to travel to the UK again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vikkik
HolmWick, General Manager at Balmer Lawn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your stay at the Balmer Lawn Hotel whilst attending a wedding. I am delighted to hear that we had got the whole service experience right for you and you enjoyed the party very much. Many thanks also for the complimentary comments about my friendly and attentive staff. Should you travel to the UK again in the future I would be delighted to welcome you back to the Balmer Lawn Hotel. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recently took my elderly neighbours (Mollie & Tom) for Sunday lunch at Beresfords Restaurant in Balmer Lawn Hotel to celebrate Tom's 90th Birthday. From the time we arrived to the second we left it was all just perfect! Arriving early because two elders are quite difficult for me to manoeuvre on my own, we were greeted Front of House by Randy Gomez, the restaurant Manager and seated in the lounge area. We had an aperitif and went through to the Sunday lunch Carvery. For two oldies, they certainly knew how to eat good food! 3 courses and not a scrap left on their plates. The food and of course, the service was excellent, Randy was attentive and has impeccable manners, as did all of the staff on duty that day. Tom and Mollie were made to feel really special. The pianist was playing and Randy announced Tom's 90th birthday and everyone sang Happy Birthday to him, after which Tom stood up and took a bow! he was presented with a plate of home made chocolates with 'Happy Birthday' in chocolate sauce on the plate. I am told the chocolates were excellent, I didn't actually get offered one as Mollie and Tom tucked into them. They were both overwhelmed and shed a few tears of happiness. I cannot thank Randy and his staff enough for making their day and can recommend Beresford's highly especially if you are thinking of that special celebration. Superb food and service. My thanks to everyone at Balmer Lawn.

I hear that there is a fantastic BBQ lunch on the terrace on Sunday's through the summer, so must give that a try next!

Room Tip: We did not stay, but do use the website to choose your room, then you know what you are getting and if you don't like it, you only have yourself to blame!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on your lunch visit to the Balmer Lawn. I am delighted to hear that we had the whole service experience right for you and your neighbours and you enjoyed all of the home made food we offered. I am even more delighted that you found Randy my restaurant manager very pleasant and accommodating and that he you’re your day. I am glad that we did get out of the way and gave you a little surprise with the announcement as well as the “Happy Birthday” plate. And I can certainly confirm that we have now a BBQ on offer for Sundays throughout the summer. But the carvery will be also re-launched in early autumn. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again very soon either for BBQ or for Sunday Carvery.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I recently stayed with 12 friends for my birthday and had the most amazing time. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the UK but I have to say this one ticks every box in terms of: location, facilities, customer service,character, food.

The location is beyond special, lovely grounds, wild ponies all over the place, a stones-throw from the station and local pubs n cafés etc. if your going to a pub eat at The Snakecatcher.
The hotel has this amazing colonial, retro charm so you really get the wow factor when you get in. The outside areas are beautiful to sit in and have a cocktail. The pools (especially the outside pool) are fabulous ( we were lucky enough to stay when it was really hot)
Plus you can find amazing walks just round the corner from the hotel- it really does have all bases covered. Plus breakfast was brilliant!
The staff were so sweet and attentive and made our stay so special. I really cannot fault this place- it's an example to all hotels in this country and makes holidaying in England a very attractive prospect!

Room Tip: Tip: try n stay in a room that hasn't been recently renovated- they have much more charm and character- room 12 is lovely!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on your visit to the Balmer Lawn. I am delighted to hear that we had the whole service experience right for you and you and your friends enjoyed all of the facilities the hotel has to offer. I am even more delighted that you commented so positive on my staff which is really working hard to make every customer so welcome. I am glad that we can really be seen as an alternative to a holiday abroad. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Could not fault this place one bit. Awesome, comfy, friendly, clean. Although we did get a great deal as we drove past and was one of the last places we mangaed to get before we got to our final destination. Still couldn't complain at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your stay at the Balmer Lawn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a good & relaxed time and we seem to have been just the right place for you. Many thanks for all your complimentary comments and hopefully you will give us the chance at some point to accommodate you again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.