Had a day at the spa, which was wonderful, I arrived just after 9am to get the full benefit of the use of the swimming pools, gym, etc, arrived at reception and was asked to wait for a member of the spa staff, she arrived and took me on a tour of the hotel and grounds, outdoor heated swimming pool, tennis court, spa lounge outdoor area, indoor pool, gym, hot tub and sauna.
I was given a card which allowed me use the pool,etc, and a robe and towel.
I used the gym first, although a small room as with all hotels I've visited, it had all of the equipment I use in my normal work out, at my own gym, which was great. Then I went for my treatment a back/scalp massage, lots of water and fruit, while I was waiting and the usual forms about general health. I have very bad skin on my face and scalp, so we decided against the oil on my head massage, the back massage was wonderful and very relaxing.
I then sat out in the sun, having my sorbet, which was also part of my spa day, then a quite hour, in the sunshine, then lunch.
The restaurant was nice, I was first given the menu which I think is for the bar outside area, it was fine, but not part of the day I had in mind. I was then given the restaurant menu, which was much better. A set menu, I believe £15 for two courses, but I went for the £19 three course menu, four starters to pick from, four mains, etc, with home made bread, etc. It was very good, and a glass of proseco, also part of my spa day deal. The restaurant manager looked after me himself, and took great care and attention in looking after me. I love the small things like strawberries on the priseco glass.
I never swam in the indoor pool, or sat in the hot tub or used the sauna, as there was no need, as spent the rest of the day by the pool swimming, or sunbathing. In the afternoon, the lady who ran the spa came out and asked if any of us wanted or needed anything, she arranged afternoon tea to be brought out to us, with out leaving the pool area, with an array of home made cakes, the battanburg was my favourite. She went out of her way to make sure all her lady's had the perfect day, which I thought was wonderful. I left at just on 5 pm, and had a nice chat with staff as I left, they wanted to know if i'd had a good day, etc.
I usually go to a spa which is over double the price of this one, the way I was looked after was as good and at times better than that one.
I have already started making plains for my next visit thank you for making my day perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A good quality 4 Star Hotel & Spa set right in the heart of the beautiful New Forest National Park. We have extensive leisure facilities - indoor and outdoor pools, Jacuzzi, 6 Spa treatment rooms and relaxation area, tennis and squash courts and fully equipped gym. Beresford's our award winning restaurant with 2 AA Rosettes offers some of the finest locally sourced foods in the area. You can access the Forest directly from the hotel. We have 6 rooms suitable for private, wedding and conference/corporate use. The hotel is privately owned and managed and we pride ourselves on offering great service. Book directly with the hotel for the best rates and room allocations inclusive of a full English breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest