“brilliant spa day”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“brilliant spa day”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had a day at the spa, which was wonderful, I arrived just after 9am to get the full benefit of the use of the swimming pools, gym, etc, arrived at reception and was asked to wait for a member of the spa staff, she arrived and took me on a tour of the hotel and grounds, outdoor heated swimming pool, tennis court, spa lounge outdoor area, indoor pool, gym, hot tub and sauna.
I was given a card which allowed me use the pool,etc, and a robe and towel.
I used the gym first, although a small room as with all hotels I've visited, it had all of the equipment I use in my normal work out, at my own gym, which was great. Then I went for my treatment a back/scalp massage, lots of water and fruit, while I was waiting and the usual forms about general health. I have very bad skin on my face and scalp, so we decided against the oil on my head massage, the back massage was wonderful and very relaxing.
I then sat out in the sun, having my sorbet, which was also part of my spa day, then a quite hour, in the sunshine, then lunch.
The restaurant was nice, I was first given the menu which I think is for the bar outside area, it was fine, but not part of the day I had in mind. I was then given the restaurant menu, which was much better. A set menu, I believe £15 for two courses, but I went for the £19 three course menu, four starters to pick from, four mains, etc, with home made bread, etc. It was very good, and a glass of proseco, also part of my spa day deal. The restaurant manager looked after me himself, and took great care and attention in looking after me. I love the small things like strawberries on the priseco glass.
I never swam in the indoor pool, or sat in the hot tub or used the sauna, as there was no need, as spent the rest of the day by the pool swimming, or sunbathing. In the afternoon, the lady who ran the spa came out and asked if any of us wanted or needed anything, she arranged afternoon tea to be brought out to us, with out leaving the pool area, with an array of home made cakes, the battanburg was my favourite. She went out of her way to make sure all her lady's had the perfect day, which I thought was wonderful. I left at just on 5 pm, and had a nice chat with staff as I left, they wanted to know if i'd had a good day, etc.
I usually go to a spa which is over double the price of this one, the way I was looked after was as good and at times better than that one.
I have already started making plains for my next visit thank you for making my day perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
HolmWick, General Manager at Balmer Lawn, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on your visit to Saltus Spa at Balmer Lawn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we had the whole Spa and service experience just right for you and you had such a relaxing time. I am even more delighted that you already started making plans for your return visit. Many thanks for your complimentary comments about all my staff, especially mentioning my Spa manageress. This is much appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, hopefully with another such delightful experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

What can I say! An absolutely fantastic relaxing day. Welcomed by such friendly staff and given coffee then shown around the spa facilities. With a facial at 11.00 and a chocolate mocha body scrub in the afternoon the day was ours to enjoy the inside and outside heated pool, steam room and gym facilities. Not to mention the lunch and afternoon tea that was provided. I really recommend the experience of such a lovely day with lovely staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on your visit to Saltus Spa at Balmer Lawn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we had the whole Spa experience just right for you including all the other services you experienced in bar/ lounge. I am delighted that you commented so positively on all my staff, a great asset to the hotel. I am even more delighted that you enjoyed your treatments at the Spa. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Bramley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Visited for Sunday Lunch and to listen to the Jazz.

Had pre lunch drinks in the bar, service good, but had to go up to order.

Lunch was excellent and had the Roast Beef and Pork, good helpings at the carver. You can order other food served at the table. Prices reasonable.

Not very large grounds and outside seating is close to its private road

Would certainly visit again soon

Room Tip: Only had Lunch
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your Sunday lunch visit to Balmer Lawn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our offerings for Sunday Lunch Carvery very much. Unfortunately we stopped the Carvery over the summer period and replaced this with our great Jazz BBQ, maybe something to try? Apologise for the bar service: we aim to give table service if possible, unfortunately when extremely busy it does not always work. I am delighted that you enjoyed all our good food and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is probably the best location to explore the New Forest. It offers direct forest access and some of the best views of any hotel in the area. We have teenagers and there was so much for them to do with both indoor and outdoor pools, gym, tennis and squash courts. Our room was a superior family room which was great and we were able to select our actual room from the hotel’s website. When I looked through there are lots of different room types and styles of décor so it is well worthwhile to have a good look around the website and book the room you actually want. All the staff are great from reception to the bar, the head-housekeeper was a real character and has been at the hotel for over 16 years which is great. We were lucky enough to be there for the first of their Summer BBQ’s, the chef pulled out all the stops and the display of food looked fantastic, the Jazz Band Ad Lib (I think were sensational a great way to finish off a fantastic weekend. Although the outside needs a lick of paint you can see they are working on the front of the Hotel – don’t let this put you off, this is a great hotel give it a whirl!!

Room Tip: Use the "Look before you book" feature on the hotel website to choose the room you want...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrick J
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on your visit to the Balmer Lawn. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had such a great time and made use of all our facilities on offer. I am glad that you used our great feature “Book your room” and could choose your rooms in advance. I am even more delighted that you experienced our first summer BBQ and enjoyed what you could see and taste very much. Many thanks also for all your complimentary comments about the staff especially our head housekeeper. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Recently stayed in the hotel for a friends Wedding nearby. The hotel is situated in a fantastic part of the New Forest and with good weather it really did feel like we were on holiday. We stayed for a few nights and had a chance to relax in the hotel, the spa was really nice and seemed well looked after (Everything looked brand new pretty much). The hotel reminded us of Downton Abbey a bit, it had that country feel to it and the grounds were amazing. They also played music in the beer garden which i thought was a nice touch. The staff were all really polite to us and I would definitely recommend to other couples going to visit the new forest :)

Room Tip: I used the look before you buy facility on their website. Really helpful
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your visit to Balmer Lawn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable time and came away very relaxed. I am even more delighted that the weather played into your hands and you could make use of our great outdoor area. Many thanks for the complimentary comments about our friendly staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently booked a party of 36 guests into the hotel for a corporate event hosted by my company, I dealt with a lady called Francesca from the Events Management Team, she was extremely helpful and efficient, the event ran smoothly the food was good and all the guests were happy with their stay at the Balmer Lawn. This is the second time I have used the hotel for a corporate function and would have no hesitation in using them again or recommending them to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
HolmWick, General Manager at Balmer Lawn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your corporate event held at the Balmer Lawn Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we were able to have your event running successfully and you enjoyed all our home made food as well as our service. Many thanks also for your comments about Francesca, my very efficient event’s organiser, definitely an asset to our business. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for future events.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for a wedding in Sept 2012 to attend a wedding at the hotel. We were very impressed with the quality of the restaurant and the service was absolutely first class. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. Would love to return here again if we get the chance to travel to the UK again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vikkik
HolmWick, General Manager at Balmer Lawn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review about your stay at the Balmer Lawn Hotel whilst attending a wedding. I am delighted to hear that we had got the whole service experience right for you and you enjoyed the party very much. Many thanks also for the complimentary comments about my friendly and attentive staff. Should you travel to the UK again in the future I would be delighted to welcome you back to the Balmer Lawn Hotel. I look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
The Crown Manor House Hotel
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Balmer Lawn? Share your experiences!