1,924 results
All reviews beresfords restaurant saltus spa new forest superior room jacuzzi and sauna indoor and outdoor pools leisure facilities afternoon tea birthday treat lovely hotel lounge area four poster spa treatments restaurant manager family room short break lovely room
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary.

We were greeted at the reception desk with a warm welcome and this warm reception continued throughout our stay from all members of the hotel staff.

The room was luxurious, spacious and above all else very clean.

The hotel is set with a view over the cricket ground which has new forest ponies on it when the men in white are not.

We had a relaxing massage in the spa and a swim in the pool.

The food at the bar and in the restaurant is delicious and service is prompt and friendly.

I really like the Balmer Lawn and will definitely be back again - next trip we're hoping to take a group of friends.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Samantha T, Guest Relations Manager at Balmer Lawn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Natasha B

Thank you for your lovely review about our Hotel & staff. I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and you hope to return very soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a long weekend away for our 3rd anniversary. This is our 3rd visit to the Balmer Lawn too! Yet again, everything was fantastic. From the Smokin Deer IPA, to the lush bread and fillet steak that was soooo delicious! Total indulgence all weekend with a massage to further ease the stress away. Very courteous staff made it all the more comfortable. We will be returning, hopefully in the Autumn and bringing friends too!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Samantha T, Guest Relations Manager at Balmer Lawn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear mikeyquattro

Congratulations on your anniversary! It sounds like you have a very special weekend which is really lovely to read. Our team will be delighted with your comments. I will be sure to pass them on to all departments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the autumn.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We held our wedding reception at the Balmer Lawn in April. The night before we had a meal at the Beresfords restaurant in the hotel, and the food was absolutely fantastic! The staff were all friendly and provided excellent customer service. The views from the rooms were amazing and we had a great nights sleep. The Balmer Lawn is a superb hotel to stay at if you're having a break in the New Forest or just need somewhere to relax.

1  Thank Kirstie I

Dear Kirstie l

Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on such a special occasion. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Another pleasant stay at the Balmer Lawn, excellent food and superb service by all of the staff. Lovely room overlooking the New Forest to catch a glimpse of the wildlife and nice to relax in the Jacuzzi.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear dcidh110

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. I hope you visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Great hotel for a short break in the lovely New Forest. Our room overlooked the cricket pitch at the front which was often occupied by ponies! Room was spacious and had everything we needed, except we had to ask for more coat hangers which was a bit annoying. Good spa with pool, sauna etc and Beresfords Restaurant was fabulous.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Peter T

Dear Peter T

Thank you for your review. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.