I read a review on The Pig regarding booking a wedding there which said "So if you're just an average couple, with money to spend, you should feel very privileged if they let you in, let alone let you stay. Disgusted. Shocked. Aggravated. But ultimately not surprised" I completely agree. I called in January and spoke to Sue in their Events dept. having told her the bare minimum of details and without mentioning a date I was told "I don't think your wedding would work here" and was told they were fully booked for 2012. When I asked about booking for 2013 I was told this was not an option as they were reviewing the whole thing. Sue assumed I just wanted a ceremony and reception, but I would have been happy to hire the venue exclusively regardless of the cost. I'm quite happy to spend my money elsewhere now. Maybe they should advertise that they are fully booked for 2012, or just be honest about what they offer and who they offer it to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest