Every aspect of this "restaurant with rooms" was first rate, save one.* Our room was in the former stables and while not huge was more than comfortable, with enough pampering to make us feel special. My wife enjoyed a facial and I had a massage from the expert hands of Heidi, in the very unique potting shed.
The library and drawing rooms in the main building had roaring fires all afternoon and evening, as the weather was already a bit nippy. The food (and atmosphere in the dining room) were terrific with a lot of pig choices (natch) as well as seafood, and plenty of other options. Service was very good by the mostly young, eager-to-please staff.
*Our only drawback was the skill of the somewhat inexperienced bartenders. Also, other than the natural beauty of the New Forest area, the area villages were nothing to speak of. A two-night visit is perfect, IMO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest