We returned to The Pig for an overnight stay and dinner, having enjoyed a lunch there in the summer. The house itself is in a beautiful forest setting, and the grounds are lovely. There are some rooms in the main building, and others in converted stables etc. around the place. The kitchen garden is full of the vegetables used to prepare the meals. The rooms we had were interesting and well designed. The room was very hot, and we found the window tricky to open. The bathroom was enormous. The front of house team work well together and are efficient and helpful. We did not enjoy the food so much on this occasion. Two of us found our main courses not very nice, although the other two enjoyed theirs. When we mentioned this, the 'discretionary tip' was removed from the bill. Not a very 'discretionary' gratuity really. The cooked breakfast was tepid. We noticed others bringing this to the attention of the staff, and the replacements seemed little of an improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest