My husband and I stayed in room 17 for a Monday night in November for my husbands birthday. Reception were very welcoming. Our room was nothing special, but at £185 for the night it was OK. The bed was terrible. Please change the Super King mattress - you roll into the middle of it constantly. Went to the bar for pre dinner drinks and had to wait 10 minutes to be served. Very over priced but a very impressive wine list. We were then squashed in to the dining room, but at least we got a table for 2 as a 2, and not sharing a table! The food was over priced but very nice - apart from the crab which had absolutely no meat in it what so ever and was sent back. DON'T HAVE THE CRAB! Choose from the bar snacks for the starters very very good especially the pig crackling. Service was OK, nothing special. Had our coffee in the library and how the coffee stayed on the wobbly table I do not know - but in fairness, the waiter did warn us the table was dodgy. Get rid of the table then! Eventually found another table to sit at. Don't expect the waiters to come and ask if you would like another drink i.e. Brandy after your coffee would of been nice! Breakfast which you pay for extra was not good. Went for the full English at £15 each and big mistake, fatty bacon and nothing special. You really should include breakfast in the room rate. Would I return - probably not. Much prefer the Balmer Lawn Hotel - rooms nicer, food better, staff more attentive and won't break the bank. Very expensive at The Pig and definitely over rated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest