I stayed for the weekend with my boyfriend and it was perfect, the service really is impeccable as many people have said. They clearly have a really thoughtful hiring process as everyone they employ seems to share the same passion for the place, nothing is too much trouble and they remember important details that genuinely make the service feel personal. The food is wonderful, we loved the ethos of the 25 mile menu (everything not reared or raised on site is sourced locally) and they catered brilliantly for gluten free. Little touches, like the Hunter wellies lined up in the hallway for guests to borrow, and the DVD library and board games really make this feel like a home from home.
I booked a comfy room but when we arrived we'd been upgraded to a hideaway room (quirkily named The Doghouse) and this was wonderful, a wood burning stove, separate lounge and beautiful bathroom with roll top bath mean I would definitely pay the extra in future.
As city dwellers we don't have a car and took the train down from London, its location means you can easily get by without one.
I will undoubtedly be returning and can't wait for the Dorset and Bath ones to open this year! I can't recommend highly enough
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest