We just got back from 2 blissful nights staying here. A special treat before baby number two pops out and wow was it a treat. I feel as if i've had a weeks holiday! The staff who work at the restaurant and bar are faultless ,they are all so friendly and efficient. My only niggle was one of the reception girls. On our way down to this magical place we rang up when we realised that we were lost and wouldnt make our 2pm lunch reservation, the receptionist didnt know where the montagu arms or the beaulieu car show room was which is where we were, despite it being in their information booklet I read in our room later on. She then told us that if we werent at the restaurant by 2.15pm we couldnt eat. Well this totally stressed me out as I was starving and at 35 weeks preggas you dont want to be told this! After lots of cussing with my husband and a hugely stressful time trying to find the place we were gutted that it was 2:18pm and that we would probably not be able to eat. I rushed in whilst my husband parked up and ran head first into the manager who instantly put me to ease. What a saviour. I explained to him our situation and he was like you have plenty of time dont stress, here come with me and i'll seat you, he couldnt have been more charming. I just wished the receptionist who answered the phone and who told us twice in no uncertain terms that if we were later than 2;15pm we wouldnt be able to eat, knew her facts! She caused a lot of unnecessary stress, so if you're late like we were it's worth to know that the last orders are generally at 2:30pm and if you were to be late they would rustle something up for you! We subsequently ate like kings and had the most incredible meal. I never thought I liked pheasant until my husband chose it and I tried it, was the best i've ever tasted. Everything we had was a culinary delight. The next day we went to Limewood, their sister place for lunch and treatments which was amazing. The service there is also impeccable and we had the pleasure of meeting the most wonderful man called Martian who has been with the company since the Pig first opened. He really made our experience at Limewood so special. He took us to the kitchen and we had the privilege to meet Angela Hartnett!
We stayed in a comfy luxe room called the stables which was away from the main house, it was well decorated and the bath was lovely, I had 2 a day! I also had a fantastic Indian head massage in the potting shed by Hedi who has magic hands.
We loved our experience and will definitely be back. The food was out of this world. We ate so well and tried so many things on the extensive menu. I loved my half pig head on the board, it was truly delicious. If you love crackling it's a must!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest