Just stayed at The Pig for a family weekend - we had The Dog House. The room is fantastic - very comfortable bed, spacious with an excellent bathroom with roll-top bath and monsoon shower. The food was of a high standard too...though with our tariff being half-board, we had a choice of 3 dishes in each course rather than the full al la carte, and found that the meat option on both nights was pork. Having seen the full menu, that could easily have been avoided. That said my husband and I were happy both nights with the fish options which were lovely. Breakfast was very good with ample choice of fruits/cereals/pastries/boiled eggs and toast etc. There were also extensive menus if you would like a cooked option and my brother-in-law thought the kippers were excellent. The staff deserve a special mention - they were so friendly and helpful and prepared to chat if they were not dashing around. A walk around the walled kitchen garden is a must and seeing the hens and pigs being fed was entertaining too. The only downside to our break were two families with unruly children who were not at all well behaved. We (and another of our party) were awoken before 7am by a child deciding to pick up the phone and play with numbers!! We also had to endure children running across floorboards in the room above us at an early hour - but the hotel cannot be held to count for that! We also agree with other reviews that the piped music gets a little much at times and cannot exactly be called "background". Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed it and will return - with our dogs next time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest