It was the second time we went to The Pig. First time was two years ago. It was a very pleasant revisit.
Pretty much everything about this place is great.
Location is perfect, in the middle of the forest.
Restaurant with its 25 mile menu is great. Only problem is we always happens to get totally stuffed.
We have chosen the snug room both times and that room type is rather small, but snug. The bathroom on the other hand is surprisingly large, with nice big shower head.
Garden is great for relaxing. Maybe only minus is, that the chairs and benches aren't really that nice to sit in. Some sun chairs would be nice.
Staff are friendly. But not very personal in comparison to the general feeling of the place. But they are busy, because the place is almost always full. Book in advance.
We will definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest