“I love The Pig. It's official.”
Review of The Pig

The Pig
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Romsey, United Kingdom
“I love The Pig. It's official.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We came here at lunch time for a birthday treat for my husband.
The food was fantastic; beautiful flavours and fabulous presentation. Good selection on the menu and love that it's ever changing, depending on what the forrager comes back with.

The locally sourced ethos is brilliant and the info on the back on the menu tells you a bit more about where your food has come from. It's a shame that more places don't do this. Personally I'd go a bit further and only have wines from the local vineyards on sale, but I realise they want to offer the customer a choice.

Fairly relaxed in the restuarant at lunch which was nice. The place was bustling, but didn't feel rushed & we enjoyed our coffees in the bar. Shame we had to leave to go and do the school run, but will definately be back!

1 Thank Julie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Booked a night at the Pig as a treat for myself and my husband. We had a Comfy Luxe Room in the stable block area which was lovely, chic but smaller than I was expecting. Saying that would stay down there again as be quiet and beautiful waking up to the birds and country quietness.

Having eaten at the Pig for sunday lunch I was really excited about the food. However was utterly disappointed with both my starter (Muscles and cockles which did not taste fresh) and main (plaice which was soggy). The kitchen were very apologetic offered a different main, however, it ruined what I have built up to be a lovely dinner. My husband had no complaints about his food (pork!) so maybe I picked wrong by going with fish.

I'd love to say I was looking forward to returning to eat there again but this has put me off as return for the moment.

Room Tip: Stable block lovely - especially in the summer and light evenings. Think id ask to stay in the main...
3 Thank charlotte g
Radlett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a night away at The Pig in Brockenhurst. Had an amazing time with friends. We had rooms in the stable block. Everyone unique, different and quirky. Great rooms. Sat in the sun in the courtyard watching our flatbreads being cooked in the outside bread oven, whilst sipping our delightful pimms! Staff were lovely. Food amazing. We hired hotel bikes and went cycling on the paths through the new forest nearby. We had a blast. Will definitely be returning and also with family!

• Stayed June 2014
Tadworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Wow and Wow again. Fabulous location, staff, and food. I want to go back now! What a fabulous lovely place......
I did not stay, but am trying to book a room in the near future. I would highly recommend, one of the best evening meals I'v had for a time.
I could not fault anything in this lovely place.
Go relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: Did not stay only had a great evening meal.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Popped in on a Wednesday lunch time and they fitted us in for lunch. Fantastic service, lovely food, friendly welcome. All very tasteful and relaxed. We arrived a bit early for lunch so sat outside with a drink in the sunshine and just mentioned in passing that it was my birthday. Just after we'd had our delicious main courses the waitress brought out a "happy birthday" iced piggy biscuit and two glasses of sparkling dessert wine, a lovely touch. Keep up the good work guys! Will be returning.

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Teamed a stay here with beach picnic and windsurfing near Christchurch. We had great weather so we wandered around the grounds and had a delicious meal in the evening. Really liked the rustic feel in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I wanted to treat the Mrs on her birthday but struggled to find anything worthy. The Pig was recommended so I booked a one night stay with lunch, dinner, breakfast and a therapy treatment.
I didn't really know what to expect but hoped it would be as good as some of the reviews made out.

We were not disappointed. Everything was exceptional. The food is incredibly fresh and well prepared. The room we shared (the Hen House) was immaculate and the treatment was fantastic. I cannot rate the overall experience highly enough.

Many reviewers on this site have commented about the train track being close to the rooms and other sore points but not a single thing could have been done better in my opinion. Maybe serving toast with the full English breakfast if I had to pick something but honestly, I could not be happier.

We will definitely be back - truly outstanding!

1 Thank GastroG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Lime Wood Hotel
Balmer Lawn
Balmer Lawn
#3 of 11 in Brockenhurst
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,571 reviews

Been to The Pig? Share your experiences!