We came here at lunch time for a birthday treat for my husband.
The food was fantastic; beautiful flavours and fabulous presentation. Good selection on the menu and love that it's ever changing, depending on what the forrager comes back with.
The locally sourced ethos is brilliant and the info on the back on the menu tells you a bit more about where your food has come from. It's a shame that more places don't do this. Personally I'd go a bit further and only have wines from the local vineyards on sale, but I realise they want to offer the customer a choice.
Fairly relaxed in the restuarant at lunch which was nice. The place was bustling, but didn't feel rushed & we enjoyed our coffees in the bar. Shame we had to leave to go and do the school run, but will definately be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest