Took my husband here for his birthday and we had a lovely evening. The patio area is very chilled and a great place to start the evening. We had a lovely local beer. Moving through into the restaurant, the setting in the conservatory is very nice. My only complaint is my pet peeve of serving everything on trendy boards. Please stop! This does not work and I spent most of my meal jostling my food back onto the board. Having said that the food was very good. We moved back to the bar and had coffee and chocs near a roaring fire which was very cosy. Would highly recommend for something a bit different in a lovely setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest