My husband and I have just returned from the most wonderful weekend at The Pig. It wasn't perfect but the staff try hard to make it so (thanks to Harry in the restaurant in particular) and the atmosphere is so relaxed and the environment so quirkily fantastic that the stress just melts away. We stayed in a hideaway room, Tamworth, which was decorated in a way I wish I could decorate my own bedroom and bathroom! The attention to detail was just great - from the books on bee keeping and pig keeping to the little notebook and super soft fluffy towels. The food was a little hit and miss - some of the best pork we have ever had, the meat, veg and eggs were so fresh and tasty but some of the pudding combinations just didn't work. However, when we didn't like something we were offered an alternative with no quibbling at all.
The rooms are expensive but the food and wine are reasonable and if you are looking for an instant de stress this place is hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest