Was taken here for a surprise birthday lunch by my girlfriend, mum & sister. I'd heard really good things about the place and was excited to try it out for ourselves.
I've no idea how people could give this place a bad review. Everything about it was fantastic!
The setting is stunning for a start. Then when you head inside you are greeted and shown to the bar for drinks and to peruse the menu until your table is ready. All the staff were extremely helpful and service in general was great.
That got stepped up a notch when we reached our table as well. We were lucky enough to be served by Harry (know as Harrence) and he was fantastic. His knowledge and recommendations were outstanding... we literally tried everything he recommended and could not have been happier.
The "piggy bits" - kind of like tapas style starters have to be tried. We had a few different ones, crackling (of course) but also the brock eggs which he recommended which were exceptional.
For mains myself and girlfriend both had pigs cheek, again highly recommended! Not something I've ever tried before, but definitely would again.
Everything about this place is great, and I was pleasantly surprised that it's not even very expensive in the scheme of things. Our 3 course lunch, with a couple of drinks, worked out just £40 per head including tip!
Definitely get down and check this place out for yourselves... if you can get a reservation that it! ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest