I must say I was a little nervous having read some recent reviews especially as this was a special occasion and the place had come highly recommended. Suffice to say the worries disappeared once we were greeted and shown through to the bar. From start to finish everything was absolutely superb. The environment is informal yet classy and all staff were subtly attentive. After cocktails and some 'piggy bites' in the bar we were taken to our table. We skipped starters and had the 'bath chap' and neck of lamb. Quite superb with a side of chips (1 portion easily does for 2) and greens. Sweet was an exquisite lemon flan and strawberry and mint terrine. Again superb. The service throughout the meal was friendly and informative. Coffee in the beautiful bar surroundings finished off a wonderful evening. I have no complaints at all and will return without doubt.
As far a prices are concerned then we thought it was worth it. The drink selection is very varied. We opted for cocktails at a tenner each and worth it by taste and volume. Starters and sweets around the 7 mark, mains between 15 & 25. Everything was top value for the price and portions were well sized.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment. It's really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden and everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef - they grow and find the food - the chef then makes the menu. The style is home grown in every way - breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won't be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest