We was worried about the staff being horrible after the bad reviews but we only met 1 grumpy unhelpful staff member the rest was really nice. The site is very big so finding pitch wasnt a problem, we just had to dodge the ponies as they were everywhere enjoying the good life. We did encounter the donkey and her baby, who came and helped themself to anything they could get to eat, this made our stay funny and gave us great memorys to treasure. But please remember these are wild animals and they should not be fed as in winter no one will be around so they have to learn to take care of themselves.
The showers are very clean and hot water is always available, 20p for hairdryer and there is no shop on site.
If you love wildlife, beautiful scenery and peace and quiet this is the place. No music is allowed on site, this is a good thing.
I would definatly recommend Roundhill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between two New Forest towns - Brockenhurst and Beaulieu - Roundhill campsite consists of expansive grassy areas and glorious pine trees; perfect for pitching your tent! With countless direct routes into the unique New Forest environment via cycle and footpaths, this is a perfect campsite for exploring the flora and fauna of the open forest and Beaulieu Heath. If you are really lucky, you may spot deer during quieter times, and see the famous New Forest and Shetland ponies roaming freely. Facilities Rally field Tents Touring caravans Motorhomes Trailer tents Jumbo tent pitches Grassy pitches Seasonal pitches Unsheltered site Toilets Showers Washbasins Electric razor sockets Separate disabled facilities Parent and baby room Chemical toilet disposal Drinking water taps Dishwashing facilities Ice pack freezing facility Area for ball games Pets welcome The spacious nature of this campsite makes it an ideal retreat for families who require plenty of grass areas for children to play safely. Local attractions include Beaulieu Motor Museum and the Paultons Park Peppa Pig World, and at Brockenhurst you can hire bikes or take the family horse riding. Although there is no electricity on the site, there are toilet and shower blocks as well as washing-up facilities. A dog shower and baby changing facility were introduced during 2011. Disabled facilities are with fitted radar locks. Bigger groups can be accommodated on our separate rally field which can cater for up to 60 pitches. To help become true conscious campers we have put together some tips on how to enjoy your forest holiday and particularly how to respect the animals in your surroundings. Please read our camping tips page for more information. Pitch types at Roundhill There are 500 standard pitches at Roundhill ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Hotel Brockenhurst
- Roundhill Caravan Park And Campsite
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Brockenhurst, New Forest