We had a good experience in 2011 it seemed less busy, cleaner and much quieter, it was lovely so we booked again in 2012 . We stayed over the late August bank holiday 2012 we were booked in for two weeks but came away early due to one toilet/ shower area being out of action and the sewers smelt terribly . A rather large tanker turned up to fix it but worked round the clock for a good couple of days, keeping us awake ...Very loud and smelly... We were unlucky camped right by it! Prior to this the site was very noisy with children and adults ( especially late at night) . We left early and were refused any of our money back which we feel is totally unacceptable... The Camp site could do with a good overhaul especially the toilets and showers and be less busy as it was difficult getting a pitch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between two New Forest towns - Brockenhurst and Beaulieu - Roundhill campsite consists of expansive grassy areas and glorious pine trees; perfect for pitching your tent! With countless direct routes into the unique New Forest environment via cycle and footpaths, this is a perfect campsite for exploring the flora and fauna of the open forest and Beaulieu Heath. If you are really lucky, you may spot deer during quieter times, and see the famous New Forest and Shetland ponies roaming freely. Facilities Rally field Tents Touring caravans Motorhomes Trailer tents Jumbo tent pitches Grassy pitches Seasonal pitches Unsheltered site Toilets Showers Washbasins Electric razor sockets Separate disabled facilities Parent and baby room Chemical toilet disposal Drinking water taps Dishwashing facilities Ice pack freezing facility Area for ball games Pets welcome The spacious nature of this campsite makes it an ideal retreat for families who require plenty of grass areas for children to play safely. Local attractions include Beaulieu Motor Museum and the Paultons Park Peppa Pig World, and at Brockenhurst you can hire bikes or take the family horse riding. Although there is no electricity on the site, there are toilet and shower blocks as well as washing-up facilities. A dog shower and baby changing facility were introduced during 2011. Disabled facilities are with fitted radar locks. Bigger groups can be accommodated on our separate rally field which can cater for up to 60 pitches. To help become true conscious campers we have put together some tips on how to enjoy your forest holiday and particularly how to respect the animals in your surroundings. Please read our camping tips page for more information. Pitch types at Roundhill There are 500 standard pitches at Roundhill ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Roundhill Caravan Park And Campsite
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Hotel Brockenhurst
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Brockenhurst, New Forest