We're a family of 5 (kids12,10,6) and recently completed a week's stay here. We had been a bit tentative based on some of the negative reviews particularly with regard to officious site staff. Nothing could be further from the truth; the staff were very friendly and diligent, often seen around the campsite picking up any rogue litter. This is right in the heart of the New Forest heathland and very natural surroundings. There is an amazing amount of space to secure you're own relatively private pitch. Ponies and donkeys wander through the site, occasionally foraging for food but that's all part of the charm. Sure, the site does get busier and noisier on the weekend but that is to be expected. Arguably I think the staff could have been more vigilant about late night noise on Friday/Saturday nights and also the barking dogs. Again, I think these are just common symptoms of most campsites. The toilet/shower facilities are ok but rather limited for the number of pitches. The showers could do with an upgrade. A freezer block service would be helpful too. All in all, a great site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between two New Forest towns - Brockenhurst and Beaulieu - Roundhill campsite consists of expansive grassy areas and glorious pine trees; perfect for pitching your tent! With countless direct routes into the unique New Forest environment via cycle and footpaths, this is a perfect campsite for exploring the flora and fauna of the open forest and Beaulieu Heath. If you are really lucky, you may spot deer during quieter times, and see the famous New Forest and Shetland ponies roaming freely. Facilities Rally field Tents Touring caravans Motorhomes Trailer tents Jumbo tent pitches Grassy pitches Seasonal pitches Unsheltered site Toilets Showers Washbasins Electric razor sockets Separate disabled facilities Parent and baby room Chemical toilet disposal Drinking water taps Dishwashing facilities Ice pack freezing facility Area for ball games Pets welcome The spacious nature of this campsite makes it an ideal retreat for families who require plenty of grass areas for children to play safely. Local attractions include Beaulieu Motor Museum and the Paultons Park Peppa Pig World, and at Brockenhurst you can hire bikes or take the family horse riding. Although there is no electricity on the site, there are toilet and shower blocks as well as washing-up facilities. A dog shower and baby changing facility were introduced during 2011. Disabled facilities are with fitted radar locks. Bigger groups can be accommodated on our separate rally field which can cater for up to 60 pitches. To help become true conscious campers we have put together some tips on how to enjoy your forest holiday and particularly how to respect the animals in your surroundings. Please read our camping tips page for more information. Pitch types at Roundhill There are 500 standard pitches at Roundhill ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Roundhill Caravan Park And Campsite
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Hotel Brockenhurst
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Brockenhurst, New Forest