A more open camp-site than many others in the Forest. Whilst many of the New Forest camp sites can be overly officious, this one goes too far the other way. The 'dogs on lead' rule is poorly enforced to put it mildly. Half the tents seem to have dogs with them and most didn't seem to be on leads. This became a real pain when looking after a baby and a toddler who is scared of dogs, one dog even made it into our tent! A quick staff drive around now and again is needed.
We are used to roughing in when camping but the toilets and wash rooms were a state.
On the plus side the setting is lovely and the bat tour we went on was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between two New Forest towns - Brockenhurst and Beaulieu - Roundhill campsite consists of expansive grassy areas and glorious pine trees; perfect for pitching your tent! With countless direct routes into the unique New Forest environment via cycle and footpaths, this is a perfect campsite for exploring the flora and fauna of the open forest and Beaulieu Heath. If you are really lucky, you may spot deer during quieter times, and see the famous New Forest and Shetland ponies roaming freely. Facilities Rally field Tents Touring caravans Motorhomes Trailer tents Jumbo tent pitches Grassy pitches Seasonal pitches Unsheltered site Toilets Showers Washbasins Electric razor sockets Separate disabled facilities Parent and baby room Chemical toilet disposal Drinking water taps Dishwashing facilities Ice pack freezing facility Area for ball games Pets welcome The spacious nature of this campsite makes it an ideal retreat for families who require plenty of grass areas for children to play safely. Local attractions include Beaulieu Motor Museum and the Paultons Park Peppa Pig World, and at Brockenhurst you can hire bikes or take the family horse riding. Although there is no electricity on the site, there are toilet and shower blocks as well as washing-up facilities. A dog shower and baby changing facility were introduced during 2011. Disabled facilities are with fitted radar locks. Bigger groups can be accommodated on our separate rally field which can cater for up to 60 pitches. To help become true conscious campers we have put together some tips on how to enjoy your forest holiday and particularly how to respect the animals in your surroundings. Please read our camping tips page for more information. Pitch types at Roundhill There are 500 standard pitches at Roundhill ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Roundhill Caravan Park And Campsite
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Hotel Brockenhurst
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Brockenhurst, New Forest