This was a good campsite to stay - but did get very soggy in the rain - we all found a spot where the ground was OK even with big puddles all round - fun for children to splash in!
Toilet facilities were really good and staff on reception helpful.
You can't get them to freeze your ice blocks but you can hire ones for not much.
It's in a great setting and feels informal (no-one coming round checking etc).. No open fires but that is fine. Family friendly - no loud noise.
Usual queues for showers etc but you get used to that.
Just bring wellies!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between two New Forest towns - Brockenhurst and Beaulieu - Roundhill campsite from Camping in the Forest consists of expansive grassy areas and glorious pine trees; perfect for pitching your tent! With countless direct routes into the unique New Forest environment via cycle and footpaths, this is a perfect campsite for exploring the flora and fauna of the open forest and Beaulieu Heath. If you are really lucky, you may spot deer during quieter times, and see the famous New Forest and Shetland ponies roaming freely. The spacious nature of this campsite makes it an ideal retreat for families who require plenty of grass areas for children to play safely. Local attractions include Beaulieu Motor Museum and the Paultons Park Peppa Pig World, and at Brockenhurst you can hire bikes or take the family horse riding. Although there is no electricity on the site, there are toilet and shower blocks as well as washing-up facilities. A dog shower and baby changing facility were introduced during 2011. Disabled facilities are with fitted radar locks. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Roundhill Caravan Park And Campsite
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Hotel Brockenhurst
- Roundhill Caravan Park & Campsite Brockenhurst, New Forest