Our 5th year at Careys Manor and we were so happy to see new management had bought it back to scratch. The hotel was much busier this year which was good to see and our Knightwood room was refurbished. We had a nice chilled bottle of fizz in our room which we enjoyed whilst sitting on the balcony overlooking the garden and fountain.
The Manor restaurant that caused us a problem last year was back to great management and our evening meal was lovely. Don't go expecting big portions, its a more cordon bleu but so tasty and more than filling. The Escale pinot noir red is a must and compliments the meal well! Breakfast was back to buffet style with local produce and very high standard. Offering all options from hot to cereal, to fruit, yoghurt etc and for those who do not like buffet there are items you can order to the table.
The spa area is good with the option to sit outside the Zen gardens for a cooling drink. We always use the hydro area and highly recommend the heated beds upstairs to relax on.
Blaireau French bistro is always a good option with friendly service and "bigger" food. We enjoyed another great meal on our second night.
Lastly this hotel apart from the great welcome, friendly staff and great facilities is well placed to explore. Over the last 5 years we have done many of the local attractions and this time we booked the ferry from Southampton (25 mins by car) to East Cowes where we visited Osborne House. From the ferry terminal it is just £3.90 by cab to Osborne House (£5 EACH by bus) Booking the ferry tickets via Red funnel ferry gave discounted tickets. Fantastic day. All in all a very good weekend with mixture of relaxation and fun. We look forward to our 6th anniversary year next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Careys Manor Hotel and Senspa is a luxury 4 star spa hotel set in the heart of the beautiful New Forest. This highly commended hotel has been voted Hotel Spa of the Year by the British Beauty Awards and awarded Gold by the Green Business Tourism Scheme. With three restaurants, there is plenty to choose from - whether you prefer fine dining in our Cambium restaurant, a relaxed atmosphere in Blaireaus French Bistro or want to enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in the Zen Garden Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HRS so you can book your Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careys Manor Hotel And Senspa
- Careys Manor Hotel & Sen Brockenhurst
- Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Careys Manor Spa Senspa
- Careys Hotel Manor
- Careys Manor Brockenhurst