“Get pampered...”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
uk
“Get pampered...”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It was my birthday treat from my wife, this visit, and it so didn't disappoint. From the get go, we loved every minute of it. We’d bought a hydro upgrade, so although we couldn't take our room till 3pm, we were in the spa by 10am. There, there’s a great pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and steam room in the non-upgrade area, but for £70 extra, we were able to avail of the really rather gorgeous extra part, where there’s a great bubbling pool, a crystal steam room, an ‘experience shower’ (all sort of storm settings, complete with thunder and lightning), and, upstairs, more relaxing areas. So we spent a few hours there, had a great Thai lunch in the Zen Garden eatery, then had massages and a mind-body class (a mixture of pilates, yoga and Tai Chi). Our room turned out to be gorgeous (with a Happy Birthday balloon and a box of lovely chocs for me!), and later, the restaurant was amazingly good; they had no problem with us having two starters each rather than starters and mains (we weren't massively hungry). The scallop dish especially was superb. Breakfast was great too, and we went off out into the world relaxed and refreshed.

One niggle was the decor in the restaurant; it looked like the sort of room your office would send you for a boring conference, no intimacy, no beauty, just bland pink decor and unsuitable lighting. It didn’t look much better by daylight.

It’s also not massively cheap, Careys; for one night with, admittedly, lunch, dinner and various other extras, it came in at £577...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review following your recent stay at Careys Manor & SenSpa. I’m really thrilled your birthday treat was such a huge success and that you left us feeling relaxed and refreshed. Thank you for mentioning all those extra special touches we endeavour to offer our guests celebrating a special occasion and also for describing how you spent your day in our award winning spa and what you loved most. Our brigade of chefs will also be delighted to receive such wonderful feedback about their superb menus.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Careys Manor & SenSpa again in the future.

Thomas & The Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Careys Manor on Saturday November 9th - it was a treat for my husband's Birthday and we really enjoyed it.
On arrival we tucked into some lunch in the French restaurant. As my husband is half Corsican, he was pleased that the waiter was able to speak French with him. After this we checked in to the spa, and I paid to upgrade us so we could use the hydrotherapy area. I'm so pleased I did this as some of the spa facilities in this area were amazing. There was a unique 'experience' shower, a couple of fantastic relaxation rooms and great water jets in the pool. My husband also had a wonderful and relaxing one hour massage. Our only criticism was that the spa area could get a little crowded at times. But another positive was that you could buy the Spa products from the spa shop, and they were all reasonably priced.
After our spa relaxation we went to our room, a 'Knightwood Double' which was lovely and the hotel manager on duty had a left a Happy Birthday note and balloon for my husband - a great touch.
We enjoyed a scrumptious meal in the Thai restaurant in the evening. The food was authentic and served quickly - we were starving after all the relaxation so it was very welcome. The restaurant staff prepared a 'Happy Birthday' dessert plate for my husband and also gave us a celebratory glass of fizz each. The little touches made a great weekend really special.
After a wonderful day and evening we then had a good night of sleep in the extremely comfy bed, topped off my a full English breakfast the next morning.
I think we'll be back again for a treat weekend in the future!

Room Tip: We had a 'Knightwood Double' room. It was spacious, clean and modern. The bed was really com...
London England
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My first time at Careys Manor, though I am familiar with Brockenhurst and the New Forest: It did not disappoint. The staff were very friendly and helpful, both in the Hotel and the Brasserie; the swimming pool complex is just lovely, next time I will prepare better and find time to use the Hydrotherapy spa. The room wasn't large but it was commfortable, and the fruit was a nice touch. All of this without being pretentious. My only niggle was the lighting in the eatng areas, as I am slightly visualy imparied: but I suspect all I need to do is ask to sit somewhere brighter! After I had lkeft I realised that above all what I had paid for was the service and the attention, and it was worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We've been here a couple of times to the Spa and SenSpa Thai restaurant and have always enjoyed it so decided to have our wedding breakfast and evening reception here.
Our day was absolutely magical, and was meticulously organised by Francoise, the wonderful wedding organiser, and delivered in style by Jeremy and his team on the day.
From the moment we picked Careys as our venue to checking out after the wedding day itself we have had exceptional service and support and nothing has been too much trouble for the staff at Careys. We have always had good service at Careys and our wedding day and evening ceilidh were a real dream. The food and the bridal suite were wonderful, too. Many thanks - we will be back soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
fleet
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Having been before but not used the hydro spa i booked again with my son to do just that..On arrival the gentleman in the front lobby was so kind and thoughtful...Lovely guy...We stayed in the knightwood room...Not going to say this was fab as i don't rate the rooms at all...Stains on the curtains and a dirty cloth left on the table..we had to ask for more tea/coffee milk as i don't think it had been replenished this was not a problem at all with the reception they brought this too us within a very short space of time...But can i say the spa is absolutely lovely,HEAVEN...well worth paying the extra for...My son was happy with his boot clean too...And the breakfast was very nice.
Thanks for the experience once again...we shall be back for the lovely spa experience..

Room Tip: If you want a nice room,your better off going for an upgrade,but if like us you just went to use the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor & SenSpa. I was pleased to read your praise towards the team and that you found everyone to be helpful and welcoming.

I am also grateful to you for advising about the lapses in the housekeeping department which I am horrified to learn. This is totally unacceptable and I am investigating the matter to ensure this does not happen again. I am therefore delighted and thankful that these lapses did not spoil your entire stay with us and that you and your son had a fantastic time in the spa. We take great pride in the knowledge that very few hotels offer such a unique spa and having won multiple awards were overjoyed to be the winners of the Best UK Hotel Spa at the recent European Health and Spa Awards and also reached the finalist stage for the Best Hotel Spa 2013 at the recent World Luxury Spa Awards.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was our third visit to Carey's Manor and I must admit that we really do enjoy staying there. The sheer attention to detail from the moment we arrived, being met by Mike, the concierge, in the car park, to the therapist who did my one pm hot stone massage on the Sunday, made us feel special and valued as guests. Our room in the Manor House part of the hotel (number 8) was lovely, and the small details, such as the bed being turned down, welcome note and chocolates, was very welcome, (although the room was a little hot, and the catch on the window was broken). Afternoon Tea was lovely as always, and in spite of them having a large party of 75 guests for afternoon tea, our order arrived promptly and with the slight adjustments we asked for. We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast, although we would prefer to be able to breakfast slightly later, up until 11, and check out slightly later, up until midday if possible.

We chose to extend our stay with a day's Spa pass, and left on Sunday evening feeling refreshed and relaxed. Thank you again for a wonderful visit. We will continue to recommend this hotel to family and friends and hope to be back to stay again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are always delighted to see guests returning to the hotel and it gives me such pleasure to hear that we have again successfully continued to maintain our high standards of facilities and service as well as even exceeding expectations. All the staff will be overjoyed to hear such fantastic praise since they are all very caring and dedicated. They also enjoy delivering a first class service and will always do everything possible to make our guests feel welcome. Thank you also for mentioning all those extra special touches we offer and our attention to detail which we fully understand are so important to guests and make all the difference to a comfortable and relaxing stay. Great to hear that you extended your stay and found time to visit SenSpa our award winning spa. We are very proud to have recently been awarded Best UK Hotel Spa at The European Health and Spa Awards and for also picking up an award for Best Signature Treatment.

I’m grateful too for being advised about the broken catch on your bedroom window and will ensure that this is rectified if it hasn’t already been attended to by our maintenance team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon. Having enjoyed the spa and treatment so much, I really recommend you are signed up to receive details about all our special offers and some fabulous spa packages available (if you’ve not already left your email address with us you can do this by going to our website).

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I would highly recommend staying here - my husband and I had a very relaxing, pleasurable time - the staff are extremely polite and helpful to provide knowledge of local walks and amenities in the surrounding areas. The weather wasn't great when we went but this did not mar our stay at all! The rooms are extremely clean and cosy and the breakfast has all you could want whilst relaxing to the sound of piano music in the background. Well done Careys - we will definitely be back!

Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay at Careys Manor & SenSpa. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted your stay exceeded all your expectations and, in particular, to hear that you enjoyed the ambience created in our lovely cosy lounge. We certainly consider ourselves to be very blessed to have such a dedicated and hardworking team of people who are full committed to delivering an impeccable service as well as incredibly fortunate to be located in the heart of the beautiful New Forest with direct access to many wonderful walks and many other delightful places of interest to visit.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thomas & The Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Montagu Arms Hotel
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in New Milton
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!