“A fantastic break!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
London, United Kingdom
“A fantastic break!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I stayed for only 1 night (but wished it could have been more) in this gorgeous hotel set right in the heart of the New Forest. Every aspect exceeded our expectations - the staff were super helpful, the food was to die for, the spa was beautiful and the room lovely. We would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to escape for a break to the country. Ideal for us a couple but I think that it would be a brilliant break for a group of friends too as there is plenty to do in the spa, gym and fitness studio.

Room Tip: We chose a garden room on the ground floor (number 80). It looked out onto a little courtyard and in...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa following your recent stay. I am overjoyed to read that you had a fantastic time and that we exceeded all your expectations. I also really appreciate your recommendation to others. We are very proud to be one of the few UK hotels to provide such unique spa facilities whilst discreetly nestled in a four-star country house hotel offering 3 delicious dining options and in the heart of the beautiful New Forest. I will pass your kind praise onto the staff and very much hope to be welcoming you back in the future.
Thomas & The Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Polish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

It's not often you come away from somewhere feeling "that was perfect" but our experience of Careys Manor and SenSpa was just that. All members of staff gave a consistently high standard of customer service and were courteous and friendly at all times. The hotel was lovely with a calm ambiance and the Spa was fantastic with excellent facilities. We were in room 61, which was spacious and nicely decorated. The room had a large double bed, sofa and table as well as the usual dressing table and chair and flat screen tv etc. The hydrotherapy area was wonderful with a large hydrotherapy pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and 'experience showers' and everywhere was spotlessly clean. I asked for a Thai masseuse and had a Zen Fusion Massage - which was amazing! I didn't want it to stop. The relaxation area was also lovely and there was a separate quiet room if you wanted a snooze. We ate in the Zen Garden Restaurant for both lunch and dinner (because we love Thai food) and the food was absolutely delicious! A wonderful treat, which isn't cheap but worth every penny.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Familyrowe
Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. It’s extremely rewarding to hear when we have completely surpassed a guest’s expectations and impressed you with our facilities and service. I am delighted that you found your room attractively decorated, well furnished, equipped and spacious. Lovely to hear too, that you enjoyed the calm ambience of the hotel and spa as we do aim to create a cosy and relaxing, home from home experience. I am also thrilled that you visited our award winning spa and appreciated the unique facilities we provide and also experienced one of our unrivalled treatments which employ Thai and Oriental techniques. I will be passing your kind praise onto our very dedicated team of staff who genuinely enjoy taking an interest in our guests to ensure their stay is comfortable, the food is delicious and our facilities are impeccable.
I very much hope to welcome you back in the future.
With kind regards
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We celebrated New Year at Careys Manor for the first time. We stayed 3 nights in room 11 in the main house which is at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens above the main entrance. The room was not the biggest, but had everything we needed including 2 armchairs, flat screen TV, a full size kettle, good selection of hot drinks and complimentary bottled water, replenished daily. The bed was a bit firm for us, the pillows were good. The bathroom was small but spotless and had good quality toiletries.
Bathrobes and slippers were provided which meant we could wander along the corridor to use the spa facilities.
We were warmly welcomed at reception and after helping with the luggage our car was parked for us. There is a lovely open log fire in reception.
We ate in the French Bistro on the first evening, it's a bit of a trek through the hotel corridors and could have been better signposted. The menu was extensive and although we were disappointed that the mussels were unavailable, the fish soup was a winning alternative. I had the sole for main course and that too was very good.
New Years Eve was a black tie gala dinner preceded by a champagne reception. The champagne flowed accompanied by an array of canapés before we were seated for the main event. My only criticism would be that the seafood extravaganza starter was self serve buffet style, which I did not feel was appropriate, I sent my husband for mine! The rest of the courses were waiter served and I was very impressed at the quality and that they were on 'hot' plates given that there must have been 200 or so guests. The evening was very enjoyable, the DJ played music appropriate to the mix of ages. After midnight as things were starting to wind down a bit it was a lovely touch to find a table of finger sandwiches had been provided in the bar for those late night munchies.
Unfortunately the weather over the new year period was dreadful so we were not able to get out and enjoy the forest as we would have, so it was a bonus to have the pool and spa facilities on hand. We upgraded to the hydrotherapy area for a half day, which we felt was enough time. The pool area itself has a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room as well as loungers to while away a pleasant couple of hours.
Overall a very nice way to start 2014 and we would definitely do it again. We would also like to return to Careys in better weather to see more of the local area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your New Year stay with us here at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa and that your first visit to us was such a huge success. Thank you for taking the trouble to write your review and, in particular, for describing the rooms in detail and all those extra touches we like to provide thus ensuring our guests of a really comfortable and relaxing stay. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to continually improve the services and facilities we provide. I am also thrilled that you had an opportunity to spend some time in our award winning spa and also took the opportunity to upgrade to the hydrotherapy area. Very few other hotels offer such a unique spa experience and so even if the weather is disappointing, you can be assured of spending a truly rejuvenating and relaxing time in SenSpa. We are also extremely fortunate to be located in the heart of the New Forest and so if you do enjoy exploring new places I can highly recommend the area for walking, cycling or just browsing in the local village shops or nearby the beautiful Georgian town of Lymington.
I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
With kind regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Was given a 30hr pass to have some quality time away from normal family life and to Careys Manor we came. We came on a spa break deal which included 2day access to the hydrotherapy area, b&b with lunch and dinner. It was perfect..we treated ourselves to a few treatments so all in all it wasn't a cheap night away but I cannot fault the service in any area, the room was large and lovely, therapists friendly and very good and a special mention for the Thai restaurant.... I love Thai food and have been fortunate to have visited Thailand on many occasions.... The food here is fantastic, so good that all our meals were had here.... Would come back just for the food alone...... Why not 5 stars.... It's the little touches... Again been to quite a few spas around the world and its not that this isnt a good spa it is..... would I recommend...yes i would but as a package with a stay in the hotel and the thai restaurant......

2 Thank Shirley_md_memories
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent Spa Break. I am delighted that you chose Careys Manor & SenSpa to take some time out to indulge in some pampering and relaxation. Our unique and award winning spa prides itself on offering world class facilities and luxury treatments undertaken by Thai and fully Thai-trained staff. Our Thai Chef will also be pleased to hear that you found the authentic Thai food in the Zen Garden Restaurant fabulous. I will also be sharing your lovely comments about the high standard of service and all those little extra special touches with our very dedicated team of caring and friendly staff.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dunstable
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My partner took me here for my prezzie for Christmas (I'm a nightmare to buy for apparently!). From the minute we walked through the door, the staff were excellent. Very attentive. We were treated to glasses of Laurent Perrier champagne and fabulous canapes, both of which were plentiful. We were shown to our table and our waiter was very accomodating, as beef was on the menu, which we hadn't previously been advised of, and that's one of the meats I don't eat. He checked if there was vegetarian option available, which there was. From starter to dessert the meal was superb, but especially the fish table. I cannot recommend this highly enough. We were treated to langostines, mussels, smoked salmon, oysters and lobster tails. We could eat as much of this as we liked so I was in my element. All the courses were excellent, and I couldn't fault a thing.
After dinner, we were given vouchers to use in the "Casino". Not my thing, but my partner managed to entertain himself for a while, before he lost all his chips!
There was a great DJ who had everyone (who could/would) get up dancing. There was a great atmostphere and the whole experience was A+++.
I am looking forward to my next visit, which hopefully will be a spa stay (see - not so difficult to buy for!!)

1 Thank Yannaben
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest
It gives me great pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful time here at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa celebrating New Year’s Eve at our Gala Banquet. Thank you for your fabulous feedback and also to your partner for his brilliant choice of Christmas present! We take great pride in delivering a first class service here at Careys Manor and so it’s always rewarding to hear how much you appreciated our welcoming and attentive staff. Our Executive Chef will also be delighted you found the banquet food superb. I will be sharing your lovely comments with all the team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. If you ~ or your partner ~ are looking at Spa Days or Breaks, I really recommend you are signed up to receive details about all our special offers including some fabulous spa packages available (if you’ve not already left your email address you can do this by going to our website).
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were lucky enough to enjoy dinner at the Careys Manor Hotel last year and really enjoyed our experience. The meal we had was delicious and we enjoyed drinks at the bar, especially as we had the chance to listen to thier wonderful resident pianist - thank you to him for playing one of our favourites (young man, brown hair) - we shall we back on another Friday evening to enjoy it all over again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a lovely review following your Friday evening of fine dining in our Manor Restaurant. I am delighted you had a wonderful time and enjoyed every aspect of the evening. I will be sharing your generous compliments with the restaurant staff and, in particular, our Friday night resident pianist Simon.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We visited Carey Manor between Christmas and New Year for a short break. The Senspa deal was a little less expensive than others in the south east for a comparable hotel and we enjoy visiting the New Forrest. We had a std double in the main house which was very comfortable, good mattress, quiet room and good en suite. The Senspa was excellent, we both had a massage and paid extra for the Hydrotherapy pools, which were busy, but not unexpected over the Christmas period. We had dinner in the Manorr restaurant - delicious and varied menu but £££. Breakfast was everything you could imagine. My only negative feedback would be that the atmosphere was a little like an elderly residential home, perhaps that's because it's a country manor and not an urban city Hotel.

Room Tip: Don't miss the hot beds in the Senspa
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your very kind review following your recent stay with us. I am thrilled you chose Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa to spend your short break in the New Forest and that the SenSpa package exceeded your expectations. Being the only spa in the UK that offers an authentic Thai experience with unrivalled treatments and a state of the art hydrotherapy, our multiple awards including winner of ‘Best Spa in the UK: South East’ at the Good Spa Guide Awards 2013, are we hope testament to our commitment to creating an unforgettable experience.
Thank you also for complimenting both the dinner and breakfast enjoyed in our two rosette fine dining Manor Restaurant. Our Executive Chef will be delighted to receive such positive feedback. I am also delighted to hear that you found your room to be very comfortable and relaxing.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Thomas & The Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 11 in Brockenhurst
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!