“speechless..............”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Fareham, United Kingdom
“speechless..............”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Just after Christmas 2013 our daughter got married at Careys Manor , there had been nearly 9months of planning and it certainly paid off. The day before the big day started with my husband and I delivering the wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses and the bridal flowers , we were greeted by the wedding planner who reassured us that the items would be securely stored away until the bridal suite was ready. The big day arrived, the bridal suite, the function rooms, the food and all the staff were amazing, so friendly and attentive, such a fantastic day, we have rarely seen our daughter so happy, this was made possible by the man she was marrying and the excellent service provided by this hotel. Do it all over again? yes please, recommend the venue definitely! Thank you to all concerned.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Guest
I am absolutely thrilled to hear that your daughter’s wedding was a truly magical day. Thank you for choosing Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa as the venue and for allowing us the privilege to help make this very special occasion a day to remember. We always aim to deliver an impeccable service whatever the occasion so it’s really fantastic to hear that we exceeded all your expectations. I will be passing all your kind comments onto the staff who I know will be delighted to receive such high praise as they all take a genuine interest in our guests to ensure the special day is a huge success. Thank you also for your kind recommendation to others that Careys Manor Hotel is an outstanding wedding venue.
I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Thomas & The Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Polish first
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had a great time again. Spa is superb always totally relaxed afterwards, fell cleansed and satisfyingly tired (in a nice way). Recently undergone a major operation so this is just what I needed. Had to change booking dates a couple of time because of surgery but Dawn reception manager was so helpful and understanding - thank you. Looking forward to our next visit. Moving to the mainland soon so will be easier to visit.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. As a regular and greatly valued guest to us your feedback is very important. How wonderful to hear that you had a superb time with us again at SenSpa and above all that it has helped with your recuperation following major surgery. SenSpa remains very committed to the wellbeing of our guests and aims to create a memorable experience leaving guests feeling relaxed, inspired and enlivened ~ the perfect tonic for anyone in need of spending some time in a calming and uplifting retreat. I was also so pleased to read your praise about Dawn’s helpfulness and understanding and I will be sharing your kind comments with her.
All the best with your impending move and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We booked a night at Carey's Manor as a treat for ourselves, I went with two friends and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We arrived earlier than check in time so we could have lunch at La Blaireau before we made use of the spa, this was very good and the service was brilliant. We then checked in and the hotel room was very nice and clean. Once we made our way to the spa we enjoyed every single facility and went for our treatments, the lady who gave me my massage was quite simply fantastic, so friendly and did a brilliant job my friends said the same about theirs. Dinner at the manor restaurant was also lovely and the service again was brilliant, so attentive and polite. There were two problems but nothing that would put me off going again. The shower we had in our room after our treatments was Luke warm and we had booked a reservation for dinner which they didn't have so we waited longer than we should have to be seated but the staff were deeply apologetic offered us complimentary drinks and sent someone to sort the shower out straight away. I will be returning thank you for such a wonderful stay to everyone at Carey's Manor

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
I am thrilled you and your friends had a lovely stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. Thank you for taking time to share your comments and, in particular, for describing many of the hotel and spa’s qualities which made your stay so enjoyable. We aim to provide a friendly and helpful service and so really value all feedback as it helps us to keep improving our services and the facilities we provide.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I stayed for only 1 night (but wished it could have been more) in this gorgeous hotel set right in the heart of the New Forest. Every aspect exceeded our expectations - the staff were super helpful, the food was to die for, the spa was beautiful and the room lovely. We would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to escape for a break to the country. Ideal for us a couple but I think that it would be a brilliant break for a group of friends too as there is plenty to do in the spa, gym and fitness studio.

Room Tip: We chose a garden room on the ground floor (number 80). It looked out onto a little courtyard and in...
Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa following your recent stay. I am overjoyed to read that you had a fantastic time and that we exceeded all your expectations. I also really appreciate your recommendation to others. We are very proud to be one of the few UK hotels to provide such unique spa facilities whilst discreetly nestled in a four-star country house hotel offering 3 delicious dining options and in the heart of the beautiful New Forest. I will pass your kind praise onto the staff and very much hope to be welcoming you back in the future.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

It's not often you come away from somewhere feeling "that was perfect" but our experience of Careys Manor and SenSpa was just that. All members of staff gave a consistently high standard of customer service and were courteous and friendly at all times. The hotel was lovely with a calm ambiance and the Spa was fantastic with excellent facilities. We were in room 61, which was spacious and nicely decorated. The room had a large double bed, sofa and table as well as the usual dressing table and chair and flat screen tv etc. The hydrotherapy area was wonderful with a large hydrotherapy pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and 'experience showers' and everywhere was spotlessly clean. I asked for a Thai masseuse and had a Zen Fusion Massage - which was amazing! I didn't want it to stop. The relaxation area was also lovely and there was a separate quiet room if you wanted a snooze. We ate in the Zen Garden Restaurant for both lunch and dinner (because we love Thai food) and the food was absolutely delicious! A wonderful treat, which isn't cheap but worth every penny.

1 Thank Familyrowe
Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. It’s extremely rewarding to hear when we have completely surpassed a guest’s expectations and impressed you with our facilities and service. I am delighted that you found your room attractively decorated, well furnished, equipped and spacious. Lovely to hear too, that you enjoyed the calm ambience of the hotel and spa as we do aim to create a cosy and relaxing, home from home experience. I am also thrilled that you visited our award winning spa and appreciated the unique facilities we provide and also experienced one of our unrivalled treatments which employ Thai and Oriental techniques. I will be passing your kind praise onto our very dedicated team of staff who genuinely enjoy taking an interest in our guests to ensure their stay is comfortable, the food is delicious and our facilities are impeccable.
I very much hope to welcome you back in the future.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We celebrated New Year at Careys Manor for the first time. We stayed 3 nights in room 11 in the main house which is at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens above the main entrance. The room was not the biggest, but had everything we needed including 2 armchairs, flat screen TV, a full size kettle, good selection of hot drinks and complimentary bottled water, replenished daily. The bed was a bit firm for us, the pillows were good. The bathroom was small but spotless and had good quality toiletries.
Bathrobes and slippers were provided which meant we could wander along the corridor to use the spa facilities.
We were warmly welcomed at reception and after helping with the luggage our car was parked for us. There is a lovely open log fire in reception.
We ate in the French Bistro on the first evening, it's a bit of a trek through the hotel corridors and could have been better signposted. The menu was extensive and although we were disappointed that the mussels were unavailable, the fish soup was a winning alternative. I had the sole for main course and that too was very good.
New Years Eve was a black tie gala dinner preceded by a champagne reception. The champagne flowed accompanied by an array of canapés before we were seated for the main event. My only criticism would be that the seafood extravaganza starter was self serve buffet style, which I did not feel was appropriate, I sent my husband for mine! The rest of the courses were waiter served and I was very impressed at the quality and that they were on 'hot' plates given that there must have been 200 or so guests. The evening was very enjoyable, the DJ played music appropriate to the mix of ages. After midnight as things were starting to wind down a bit it was a lovely touch to find a table of finger sandwiches had been provided in the bar for those late night munchies.
Unfortunately the weather over the new year period was dreadful so we were not able to get out and enjoy the forest as we would have, so it was a bonus to have the pool and spa facilities on hand. We upgraded to the hydrotherapy area for a half day, which we felt was enough time. The pool area itself has a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room as well as loungers to while away a pleasant couple of hours.
Overall a very nice way to start 2014 and we would definitely do it again. We would also like to return to Careys in better weather to see more of the local area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your New Year stay with us here at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa and that your first visit to us was such a huge success. Thank you for taking the trouble to write your review and, in particular, for describing the rooms in detail and all those extra touches we like to provide thus ensuring our guests of a really comfortable and relaxing stay. Your feedback is very important to us as it helps us to continually improve the services and facilities we provide. I am also thrilled that you had an opportunity to spend some time in our award winning spa and also took the opportunity to upgrade to the hydrotherapy area. Very few other hotels offer such a unique spa experience and so even if the weather is disappointing, you can be assured of spending a truly rejuvenating and relaxing time in SenSpa. We are also extremely fortunate to be located in the heart of the New Forest and so if you do enjoy exploring new places I can highly recommend the area for walking, cycling or just browsing in the local village shops or nearby the beautiful Georgian town of Lymington.
I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Was given a 30hr pass to have some quality time away from normal family life and to Careys Manor we came. We came on a spa break deal which included 2day access to the hydrotherapy area, b&b with lunch and dinner. It was perfect..we treated ourselves to a few treatments so all in all it wasn't a cheap night away but I cannot fault the service in any area, the room was large and lovely, therapists friendly and very good and a special mention for the Thai restaurant.... I love Thai food and have been fortunate to have visited Thailand on many occasions.... The food here is fantastic, so good that all our meals were had here.... Would come back just for the food alone...... Why not 5 stars.... It's the little touches... Again been to quite a few spas around the world and its not that this isnt a good spa it is..... would I recommend...yes i would but as a package with a stay in the hotel and the thai restaurant......

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shirley_md_memories
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent Spa Break. I am delighted that you chose Careys Manor & SenSpa to take some time out to indulge in some pampering and relaxation. Our unique and award winning spa prides itself on offering world class facilities and luxury treatments undertaken by Thai and fully Thai-trained staff. Our Thai Chef will also be pleased to hear that you found the authentic Thai food in the Zen Garden Restaurant fabulous. I will also be sharing your lovely comments about the high standard of service and all those little extra special touches with our very dedicated team of caring and friendly staff.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thomas & The Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Montagu Arms Hotel
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in New Milton
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!