“First Class Service!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
London, United Kingdom
“First Class Service!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

To celebrate our wedding anniversary last weekend my husband and I spent two nights at Careys Manor.We have stayed here before on several occasions and once again were not disappointed. Our room and the meals we had in both Le Blaireau and the Manor restaurants were excellent and the whole atmosphere very relaxing. Upon returning home we discovered that my husband had left his medication in the bedside cabinet in our room, A telephone call to Careys resulted in the medication being found and posted to us without delay.Many thanks for sorting this out so quickly!

Room Tip: Room 45 offered plenty of space with a sofa and chair and table. Also had a good view over the garde...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay with us. It’s really heart-warming to hear that you had another wonderful stay and that we once again exceeded your expectations. We also feel very honoured that you chose Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa as the venue to celebrate your wedding anniversary and therefore delighted that we successfully helped to make it an occasion to remember. Our brigade of Chefs will also be pleased to hear your kind compliments. We do also aim to create that home from home feeling ensuring you of a comfortable and relaxing stay and so it’s always satisfying for the team to hear these efforts are noticed.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Thomas & The Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I attended a small business meeting on the Saturday, but had booked in a night early to enjoy some quality time with my wife.
On our first night, we had dinner at the French-themed restaurant called Le Blaireau Bistro - they have a great menu using locally sourced ingredients, and we enjoyed friendly service and a beautiful meal. Our second evening saw us dining with our business colleagues in the main hotel - again, great service, and truly excellent food.
Rooms were very well appointed, and they have a wonderful spa - for a weekend break, or longer, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Rooms are strung out along two wings, the room we had looked into a very pleasant garden courtyard...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. What a great idea to book in a night early to enjoy an evening with your wife before attending your business meeting. We are proud to be one of the few UK hotels to provide excellent business and conference facilities within a four-star country house hotel offering 3 very different dining options to choose from as well as a truly unique authentic Thai spa. Only last year we were voted in The Independent’s ‘Top 50 Best British Business Hotels’ awards adding to SenSpa’s multiple awards including winner of the Good Spa Guide Awards 2013 for ‘Best Spa in the UK: South East’ and European Health & Spa Awards 2013 UK Winner of ‘Best Hotel Spa’. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and services of the hotel and really appreciate your kind comments about the food and staff in our French bistro Le Blaireau and the Manor Restaurant in the hotel. All dishes are designed personally by our Head Chefs and they will be delighted to receive your compliments.
I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future ~ maybe next time to enjoy a Spa Break and experience some of our unrivalled treatments.
With kind regards
Yelverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I went to Careys Manor Hotel & Senspa last weekend with a group of my friends & family to celebrate my hen do! What an amazing couple of days we had! Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived to the moment we (sadly) had to check out. They have the most friendliest & helpfull of staff across every department. We were upgraded to Oakwood rooms for our stay which were absolutely lovely, so comfortable. The Spa itself is second to none! It was mine & my mum's 2nd visit after about 5 years & nothing had dropped in standard in that time. The hotel & Spa have made a huge impression on the rest of my group & we are hoping to have a girly get together at least once a year there. We ate in the Zen Garden for lunch & the Thai food was delicious. For the evening meal, we had a private dining room & again, the food was sublime! Every course presented & tasted beautifully. You don't need to have a treatment to feel relaxed because the Spa is so good, but if you do have one it just topps everything off. I just wish i could have stopped the clock from ticking!!
I can't wait to visit again & really can't reccommend Careys Manor Hotel & Senspa enough. Perfect for celebrating any special occasion or just to have some quality relaxation time.

Room Tip: We loved the Oakwood room
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share a review and for recommending us so highly to others following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & Spa. I am delighted that you chose to return to us to enjoy a Spa Break as your hen do and that you all had an amazing time. It’s always pleasing to hear when we have again exceeded everyone’s expectations, especially when it’s a guest’s 2nd visit to the hotel. Your kind comments about the comfortable hotel rooms, the spa’s relaxing ambience, the delicious food and, of course, our very dedicated team are also really appreciated. We like to ensure our guests are happy and have anything they may need during their time with us and I shall ensure that all your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.
I very much hope we can look forward to welcoming you all back very soon.
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We only booked our room the evening before we went, which was done without any fuss. The room was well designed and our robes and slippers were awaiting us, so we spent the majority of the time in the spa. As hotel guests you are given a bracelet which gives you access to the more luxurious facilities like a wonderful hydrotherapy pool, a steam room, sauna and room with heated loungers where you can enjoy a little nap. We enjoyed our meals in each of the three restaurants which had their own styles of Thai, French and English. All-in-all this was a perfect break and a chance to wind down in lovely surroundings. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden room which was lovely, and had two seats and a small table outside in the gard...
1 Thank Jani151
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa and especially for recommending us so highly to others. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your Spa Break and appreciate you describing everything that made your stay so perfect. We are so fortunate to be able to provide such a unique and truly authentic Thai spa which is discreetly nestled within a 4* country house hotel offering 3 dining options, with easy access by car or train to Brockenhurst, and the most fabulous walks straight from the front door into the beautiful New Forest.
I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed for 2 days and 1 night. The whole team from the spa guys to the hotel team were very welcoming and couldn't do enougth for us.
The spa itself was the best I've been in and with the hydro pool a great experience.
Welldone team

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. It’s always brilliant to receive such wonderful praise and I’m delighted we exceeded all your expectations. Our state-of-the-art hydrotherapy facilities and unrivalled treatments have been created to provide the perfect tranquil and rejuvenating spa retreat. I also appreciate your lovely comments regarding the team. It’s always so satisfying to hear that all their efforts are noticed.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked Careys Manor hotel for my 40th birthday for a spa break for me , close friends and family. The staff at the spa were very welcoming and friendly as were the staff at reception. I had a lovely welcome in my room of chocolates and a bottle of bubbly which all 6 of us enjoyed. Our treatments were all very relaxing and we all felt thoroughly pampered and relaxed.
I booked the French restaurant for the evening meal and they came out and offered the veggie in our group something to suit their tastes. The food and the service was excellent and even had a candle in my cheesecake!!
We enjoyed our visit to the cocktail bar and stayed for a few, it was a lovely end to the perfect day.
Breakfast was a high standard and a wide variety with no request too much for the staff.

I had the most amazing break for my 40th birthday, one which I will never forget and will definitely be planning another stay.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your superb feedback following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor & SenSpa. I am thrilled to read that you had a wonderful time and really glad we were given the opportunity to help make your 40th birthday an occasion to remember. Thank you for mentioning all those extra special touches we like to provide our guests. Our award winning authentic Thai spa with its state-of-the-art hydrotherapy facilities and unrivalled treatments has been created specifically to provide the perfect tranquil and rejuvenating spa retreat and so it’s great to hear you all left feeling thoroughly pampered and relaxed. Our Head Chef in Le Blaireau will be delighted to hear your praise about his French cuisine and kind comments about the excellent service. Marvellous, too, that you managed a visit to our renowned Coctktail Bar to end your perfect day on a fantastic note. Finally, the team always aim to create that home from home feeling and so it’s always satisfying for them to receive feedback that these efforts are noticed.
I very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
London
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Good, if corporate style rooms and the food was not bad at all - once we were able to work out what was on the menu. Poor lighting and bad graphics required a torch to discover the offering. And then the pleasant if too loud piano playing meant we couldn't hear each other. The combination gave the effect of being in a retirement home, without our senses. Luckily the one we didn't loose was a SOH.

1 Thank TopkapiSofia
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the trouble to share your comments with us following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. Whether for business or leisure, we always endeavour to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience whilst staying with us. I am therefore disappointed to learn that our hotel did not meet all your expectations. I do hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a return visit in the future, confident you can be sure to receive a friendly and warm welcome from myself and the team once again.
Thomas & The Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Montagu Arms Hotel
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in New Milton
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!