“A relaxing weekend”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“A relaxing weekend”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night stay over Easter. On the whole we really enjoyed out stay. There were 4 of us. The best bit for me that stood out was the food in Zen restaurant. It was thai food and we are all foodies and have to say it was great food. We also had breakfast in there our second morning and all preferred it as it was quieter. Our first morning was Easter Sunday and I loved the touch of having a box of chocolate Easter eggs on the table!!
The rooms were fine but a bit tired. The bathrooms are quite small but fine. I think it all just needs a bit of a good tidy up.
The treatments we all had were good and the girls all friendly in the spa.
I think if I was going for another weekend like that there are other places to go but I would stay again. We live in guernsey and it was so easy to get to. Quick flight to Southampton then a quick cab ride and we were there.

• Stayed April 2014
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guests
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. Thank you for taking the trouble to share some of the highlights of your stay and mentioning those little extra special touches we provided. I am really pleased that you experienced our award winning spa and enjoyed the wonderful treatments and especially to hear how much you enjoyed the authentic Thai cuisine served in the Zen Garden. I will pass on all your kind praise to our chefs and staff. Being so easily accessible by car, plane and train, I very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Thomas & The Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband & I stayed at the hotel for one night over the Easter bank holiday weekend. We were fortunate enough to receive a complimentary room upgrade upon arrival, which set the tone for the rest of our stay. The service was excellent on every interaction with staff. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean, and spa facilities wonderful. We dined in the Thai restaurant at lunch which was lovely, great food. In the evening we dined in the Manor Restaurant and, my husband being a vegetarian, we were pleased to have a wide selection of veggie dishes to choose from. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal, but sadly mine was rather bland. Breakfast the next morning was busy but there was plenty of food. Unfortunately our sleep was disturbed by a loud group of people in the room next to us who returned at c11.30pm and carried on talking until the early hours - this wasn't ideal, but didn't take away from our overall experience. I hope to return to the hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I am delighted that you enjoyed a fabulous stay and were impressed by all the facilities and services provided. I really appreciate all your kind feedback about the cleanliness of the hotel, our wonderful unique Thai spa and restaurant, the food and choices on offer and our very dedicated team who are always on hand to help to ensure your stay is comfortable and that you have everything you need. I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
london
Reviewed 22 April 2014

we got the last available room in the new forest for a 2 night easter weekend stay and my wife's birthday. spacious comfortable room with pleasant view over the garden, a large bed and plenty of sitting space. we had 2 breakfasts and dinners in the main dining room and lunch in the french bistro. there was plenty of choice, particularly vegetarian, and all the dishes were delicious. portions were generous with attractive presentation nd both dinners were accompanied by a very fine old style cocktail pianist.
what sets careys manor apart is the attitude and quality of the staff. everybody we encountered was friendly and pleasant with an unusual degree of niceness. i would particularly pick out the young receptionist who sorted out a couple of small problems for me and the staff in the main restaurant. this is a tribute staff selection and training by management and made for a particularly happy stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zachariah15
Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and overjoyed to read that we exceeded all your expectations. Thank you also for such fantastic praise about the staff we have. We consider ourselves to be a dedicated and professional team who always aim to create that home from home feeling to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. It is always satisfying to hear these efforts are noticed and I will be sure to pass your comments on to all our staff members.
We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed in the hotel for one night, having arrived late morning for my brother's wedding.

The room was fantastic, although there was one double and one single, so I had to share the double with a fidgety teenage daughter. My parents room upstairs was lovely too although hotter in temperature.

There was quite a queue checking in during the morning, which was our only slight niggle.

Ensuites and hand creams were great, tea making facilities in room (you needed to call for fresh milk as only have long life in rooms, as no fridges).

The wooden chairs and patch of grass outside downstairs room would be most welcome for younger children or sun lovers, especially for those having longer stays.

The DJ/MC was excellent for the wedding and evening disco.

We did not have enough time to sample the spa or other restaurants but some of my relatives stayed an extra night and said these facilities were excellent. The breakfast the next morning was first class and the dining room lovely.

My parents celebrated their anniversary the day before my brother's wedding and were treated to an unexpected fruit basket, chocolates and balloon, which made their day.

My mother also left her earrings behind - these were posted back, damaged in the post, so the manager collected them from her home in Hampshire, got them repaired and returned them all for no charge!

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - would happily recommend and stay there again.

Room Tip: If you like to sit outside to read or enjoy a drink in the sun, then you will need to request a down...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I appreciate you taking the trouble to post feedback and am delighted that you had a wonderful time and would definitely recommend us to others. Your kind comments and praise about the staff is lovely to hear as they take great pride in carrying out their duties and it’s always satisfying to hear that you were impressed by everyone’s friendliness and helpfulness. I will be sharing your comments with them. Thank you also for taking the time to describe all those extra special touches which made all the difference to you and your family’s stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We visited for an event at the hotel and did not stay overnight; I did see two rooms however which were very nice, though seem to me very expensive compared to other hotels of similar standards in the area. The food was good in the hotel (not the separate French restaurant) and staff were helpful though seemed very unfriendly at times (it was very busy). I was absolutely astounded at the prices of drinks in the hotel, which seem ridiculous considering there is a lovely pub 5 minutes walk away with better variety for half the price. The facilities were very well appointed and the grounds were nice too; I would however agree with other reviewers that it is set up as a spa hotel and priced accordingly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Summerlover327
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit to Careys Manor & SenSpa. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel and staff to be very pleasant and enjoyed the food served in The Manor Restaurant. I very much hope that you have the opportunity of returning to us to spend an overnight stay and fully experience all the facilities and services of the hotel and spa. Among our multiple awards we were voted by The Independent as being one of the ‘Top 50 Hotels in the UK 2013’ and voted by the Good Spa Awards 2013 ‘Best Spa Hotel in the South’. I am confident that you will not be disappointed.
We hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you for return visit in the future.
Bedford
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights as we wanted to be in that area, I think it is more geared up as a spa hotel as this was what it felt like to us. We have stayed in better 4 star hotels than this and a comment made by a previous review about it being a bit shabby in places was correct we had room 78 down a long corridor which again we felt was mainly for spa clients, I did have one spa treatment but found them very pricey over 70.00 for a leg massage. We ate in the manor restaurant and enjoyed it not a huge choice but okay breakfast also was okay. The staff are all very good no complaints there could not do enough for you would we return probably not as there was plenty of other hotels in that area

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. I was pleased to read your praise towards the team and that you enjoyed dining in The Manor Restaurant. I am however sorry that our hotel did not meet all your expectations. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future as we are not only a few minutes’ walk into the beautiful New Forest but do also pride ourselves on offering a flawless service and outstanding facilities for which we have won multiple awards with voting cast by hotel guests. Winning and reaching the finalist stage we hope is testament to our commitment to the delivery of world class spa facilities, luxurious bedrooms and three delicious dining options which all combine to make Careys Manor & SenSpa so special.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Cambridge
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were a party of five women, celebrating my sister's 60th birthday. My daughter and I arrived and were given the wrong room. Granted when we went to reception they did all they could to help us move. The room had seen better days but was spotlessly clean.
My niece and I are vegans and the hotel had been informed us this months in advance. When we all arrived for our booking in The Manor Restaurant on the Saturday evening, it was clear the chef had not taken the trouble to put himself out to do something for us. We had to choose from a very limited menu and they took all the non vegan ingredients out. My niece and I ended up with some wilted spinach and a few spears of griddled asparagus, no protein in any shape or form. Dessert was awful to say the least. There was nothing on the menu apart from sorbet and we had had that at lunch in another restaurant in the hotel. We were offered a soya milk raspberry rice pudding which was revolting. I have complained but to date have heard nothing in response from the hotel. Also complained on checking out. A lot of money for an awful meal. Will certainly not be going back and will tell friends to avoid. Very disappointing indeed and a lot of money paid for the week-end.

Room Tip: Don't pay more for a front facing ground floor room. Very dark. Rooms at the back are bright a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the trouble to post a review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I cannot stress enough that we always endeavour to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience whilst staying with us. I am pleased that you found your room to be spotlessly clean, however, very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered in The Manor Restaurant. I do genuinely fully appreciate the disappointment and distress all this caused you and your niece and assure you that we do ordinarily do our utmost to alter dishes to the preference and dietary requirements of each guest but have clearly let you down on this occasion. Your complaint has been taken very seriously and is being investigated fully and, although regrettable, will help us to continue to ensure that we are catering for all manner of dietary requirements and specific guest preferences.
I am sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations and that you felt somewhat let down by this stay not presenting value for money. I do hope you may consider staying with us again where you can be sure to receive a friendly and warm welcome from myself and the team once again.
Thomas & The Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 11 in Brockenhurst
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,011 reviews

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!