“Fantastic Experience EVERYTIME”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have had many spa breaks at Careys Manor and senspa in Brokenhurst. What can I say, the staff, food, spa, treatments, hotel, facilities, rooms, cleanliness, atmosphere, environment... everything IS WONDERFUL! I always have a perfectly relaxing time at Careys Manor and senspa.

Room Tip: from experience, All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,592)

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I recently visited careys manor and I have mixed views but would I go again... Yes.

The room we had was £200 for the night, I must say I feel it was slightly overpriced however... I then realised that the price you pay isn't purely for the room. The facilities there were really impressive, pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi as well as hydro therapy stuff which I was too tight to pay for ha :)

The staff there can not do enough for you, they were friendly... Not in a fake way either which I appreciated and extremely helpful.

I would go back again but I'd definitely try and get a better room for a better price.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

One night spa break at Careys Manor and SenSpa last weekend. The hotel is a little eccentric and has a mix old and new parts. The staff are excellent, quirky and clearly passionate about customer service. One of the managers insisted on taking our luggage from the car and then found a porter to take it up to our room. I was surprised by how good the food was. Our package included an authentic two course Thai lunch in the Zen Garden, a formal dinner in the manor restaurant and then breakfast before we left the next day. All were superb and very different experiences. The Spa is great, especially the hydrotherapy pool and experience showers and we both had excellent treatments (if a little pricey). The accommodation was good, large room, nice sliding door opens over the gardens, large bed. But standard of finish was not quite up to the price we paid and the toiletries provided could have been better (they're better in the spa showers!). Overall, an excellent retreat and we didn't even really explore the beautiful surrounding countryside. Would definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a lovely weekend here over easter. Room was as expected, great size and reasonable quality, the bed was really comfortable. Food in both the Manor and Zen Garden restaurants is very good. Spa treatments are amazing and I would recommend booking in advance, I tried to book an extra treatment whilst I was there but unfortunately couldn't get one at a convenient time as they were too busy. Service in general in the hotel is ok but nothing to shout about.

Would I go back? Yes, it's a beautiful part of the country and we have a very relaxed stay here.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Lovely stay, warm and friendly staff, and the location was great,breakfast could of been better as iv stayed in similar hotels and breakfast is freshly cooked on hot plates ! But I would definitely stay again and recommend careys manor to family and friends

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Jojoe73
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and very pleased to read your lovely comments about our staff who take a genuine interest in our guests to ensure their stay is comfortable. I also really appreciate your recommendation to others and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.
With kind regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night stay over Easter. On the whole we really enjoyed out stay. There were 4 of us. The best bit for me that stood out was the food in Zen restaurant. It was thai food and we are all foodies and have to say it was great food. We also had breakfast in there our second morning and all preferred it as it was quieter. Our first morning was Easter Sunday and I loved the touch of having a box of chocolate Easter eggs on the table!!
The rooms were fine but a bit tired. The bathrooms are quite small but fine. I think it all just needs a bit of a good tidy up.
The treatments we all had were good and the girls all friendly in the spa.
I think if I was going for another weekend like that there are other places to go but I would stay again. We live in guernsey and it was so easy to get to. Quick flight to Southampton then a quick cab ride and we were there.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guests
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. Thank you for taking the trouble to share some of the highlights of your stay and mentioning those little extra special touches we provided. I am really pleased that you experienced our award winning spa and enjoyed the wonderful treatments and especially to hear how much you enjoyed the authentic Thai cuisine served in the Zen Garden. I will pass on all your kind praise to our chefs and staff. Being so easily accessible by car, plane and train, I very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband & I stayed at the hotel for one night over the Easter bank holiday weekend. We were fortunate enough to receive a complimentary room upgrade upon arrival, which set the tone for the rest of our stay. The service was excellent on every interaction with staff. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean, and spa facilities wonderful. We dined in the Thai restaurant at lunch which was lovely, great food. In the evening we dined in the Manor Restaurant and, my husband being a vegetarian, we were pleased to have a wide selection of veggie dishes to choose from. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal, but sadly mine was rather bland. Breakfast the next morning was busy but there was plenty of food. Unfortunately our sleep was disturbed by a loud group of people in the room next to us who returned at c11.30pm and carried on talking until the early hours - this wasn't ideal, but didn't take away from our overall experience. I hope to return to the hotel again.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. I am delighted that you enjoyed a fabulous stay and were impressed by all the facilities and services provided. I really appreciate all your kind feedback about the cleanliness of the hotel, our wonderful unique Thai spa and restaurant, the food and choices on offer and our very dedicated team who are always on hand to help to ensure your stay is comfortable and that you have everything you need. I very much hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards
Thomas & The Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
Burley Manor
Burley Manor
#1 of 2 in Burley
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!