Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
US$209
US$203
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Cottage Lodge Hotel(Brockenhurst)(Great Value!)
US$154
New Park Manor(Brockenhurst)
Rhinefield House Hotel(Brockenhurst)
  • Breakfast included
2,658 results
All reviewsthai restaurantzen gardenhydrotherapy poolcambium restaurantle blaireauspa facilitiesoakwood garden roomspa breaknew forestmud treatmentwonderful sparelaxation roomsteam room and saunamain restaurantafternoon teabirthday treatrelaxing stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Overnight stay pre cruise. The most friendly helpful staff. Good bistro. Good breakfast. Lovely setting. Nice from overlooking garden.One bad point. No draft beers or lagers in hotel. How can that be? £12 for a pint of bottled cider and paint of bottled ale doesn't go down well with northerners!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We hope you had a most fabulous cruise. We are currently considering our options as to what offering should be made in draught beer. We hope to have draught available in the near future.

Kind Regards

Thomas & The Team

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our fifth visit to Carey's Manor and where I chose to go for a big birthday away from it all. We were greeted on arrival by jovial porter Ray who settled us in and parked our car. The room in the manor house was small, slightly tired looking, but as good as always, with great toiletries and everything one would wish to have in a room. The food is always excellent in whatever restaurant you choose. We particularly like the Zen Thai restaurant where the food is exceptional and I was greeted with birthday chocolates. The Manor Restaurant is lovely too, very traditional with an extensive menu, beautifully cooked and presented. The breakfasts served in the Manor restaurant are the best ever - one couldn't wish for anything more.
The service throughout the hotel is second to none - no way could it be improved!
Carey's Manor has the most perfect spa and pool and is for me the icing on the cake. The pool area is superb, the water just the right temperature and it sparkles like diamonds. There's also a sauna, steam room and a large Jacuzzi too. The highlight for me is the Hydrotherapy suite where the showers replicate thunder and lightening and rainstorms from around the world from tropical to ice cold - there's even snow if you need cooling down! The hydrotherapy pool itself is the best in the area with bubbles and air beds beneath the water to unknot tired muscles and relieve stressed shoulders and neck. It's perfect. So far I have not experienced the treatment room but I have every confidence in saying that I am sure the treatments are superb.
We are already looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We like staying in the Manor House itself but the beds are only 4'6" which is smaller than we are used to. If you are not on a budget the larger rooms look fantastic.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UTFDorset
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here for 3 nights for our 10th wedding anniversary.
On arrival we were greeted by a warm welcome at reception whilst we checked in. Then the concierge took over (Ray) who showed us to our room. I had mentioned over the phone this was our wedding anniversary and on entering our room were greeted by a congratulations balloon and a small box of quality chocolates which I thought was a very nice touch. Our car was parked for us and all our luggage brought up to our room. After this Ray showed us around the hotel which was very helpful.
We did have a slight issue with the air con in our room but this was soon rectified.
Our room was a decent size and fitted out with antique style furniture was very in keeping with the old manor house. And my wife said the four poster bed made her feel like a princess.
I couldn't fault the swimming pool or the spa facilities.
We used the Zen garden restaurant one night, our first experience of thai food and it was excellent.
The new forest breakfast is to die for, I have never seen such a wide variety to choose from for breakfast.
The hotel grounds are amazing with outdoor seating ares to relax and have a drink or two.
I would definitely come back again.
Thank you careys manor for making it such an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Having needed a relaxing break after several highly stressful weeks, I visited with my Mother late May 2014. The hotel team were friendly and polite without being over attentive.

I had a full body massage as part of the 'spa break' experience which was, and I have had many massages in the UK and abroad, one of the best I have ever experienced. Again, the staff were polite, calming and for want of a better word, 'comforting'.

The hydrotherapy area and spa rooms were all excellent. The SenSpa is an actual spa in the truest sense of the word (not just a jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and pool). There were many areas to sit and just be still or read. Pool side for quiet chat with my Mum and read the many glossy magazines provided by the hotel. Gorgeous smoothies were also available by ringing the pool phone, although slightly pricey, they were a good size and really tasty! All facilities are excellent - changing rooms, showers, towels etc.

We visited the Thai restaurant for supper. The food was exquisite and the service 10 out of 10. I had mentioned in the spa pre massage that I am allergic to shellfish as part of the preliminary questionnaire. The waiter asked me as I sat down at the table if I was the lady who was allergic to shellfish which therefore reassured me that they were aware of which oils/sauces I could have. That was just one example of where the customer service was second to none. I hadn't made a point of my allergy (when I probably should do!).

The morning breakfast was also lovely. In the Thai restaurant, garden along side with relaxing music, fresh fruit, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, staff left my Mother and I to sip coffee without hurrying us along.

Needless to say I left the following day with my Mother feeling thoroughly relaxed. Despite the price, which could be seen as fairly expensive, its worth every penny. You definitely get value for money if you appreciate peace, quiet and excellent customer service. I would recommend it to anyone needing a spa break, either for relaxation or a special occasion.

Thank you ever so much to Susie who was so helpful when I came to collect my Mothers nightie she had left by accident a few weeks later. Thank you to everyone who made our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: All bedroom facilities were excellent. We had a ground floor room, which due to booking at short notice, was not the premium grade but happily surprised us as it had access to the ground floor garden with a sheltered porch area which made it semi private.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our first stay at Carey's Manor - the first of many. Room was smaller than we had expected, but spotless and comfortable, bathroom extractor noisy (17) - but apart from that - we were happy with the accommodation in the main manor house on the top floor (stairs a bit of struggle for me). Excellent location for touring.

Manor Restaurant and French Bistro were good, Thai restaurant was truly excellent and would highly recommend a lunch or evening meal at the Zen restaurant.

Senspa experience was exceptional. Hydrotherapy and spa facilities were wonderful and very therapeutic - weekends busy - mid week seemed quieter of course.

All hotel and Spa staff were attentive, helpful and keen to offer advice on local area and best use of the hotel and all the facilities. We will visit again.

Room Tip: Check the extractor fan and A/Con noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple