“Lovely break in the New Forest”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
London, England
“Lovely break in the New Forest”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a great time on a 3 night break here. Staff were lovely, hotel facilities are great, and food at all three restaurants was excellent. We went on some beautiful walks in the forest, direct from the door of the hotel and spent the rest of the time relaxing in the spa and hotel grounds. Staff in the Thai restaurant were exceptionally friendly (they did see us all three days for breakfast and lunch!) and food was delicious.
The hotel room was large and clean, with a comfortable bed and nice view out the window. My only comment would be that the bathroom could do with upgrading - it looks like a hotel bathroom from the 90s (no problem with functionality) whilst the furniture and decor in the bedroom looked much more modern and new.
We'd definitely come back to Carey's Manor - either for a 1 night stay if there was a good deal on last minute, or more likely to book for another couple of nights in the future, knowing we were going to get such good quality and service.

1 Thank ebrass
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and value your feedback greatly. We look forward to being able to welcome you back in the future.

Thomas & The Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stopping one night on business made me think I should return for a leisure break. Ideal for a spa visit on the edge of the new forest and 15 mins from the coast there is plenty to do and see. It's not cheap but it is top class.

Room Tip: I know room 58 was very nice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve F
Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again, be it on Business or Leisure.

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Overnight stay pre cruise. The most friendly helpful staff. Good bistro. Good breakfast. Lovely setting. Nice from overlooking garden.One bad point. No draft beers or lagers in hotel. How can that be? £12 for a pint of bottled cider and paint of bottled ale doesn't go down well with northerners!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen B
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We hope you had a most fabulous cruise. We are currently considering our options as to what offering should be made in draught beer. We hope to have draught available in the near future.

SW England
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our fifth visit to Carey's Manor and where I chose to go for a big birthday away from it all. We were greeted on arrival by jovial porter Ray who settled us in and parked our car. The room in the manor house was small, slightly tired looking, but as good as always, with great toiletries and everything one would wish to have in a room. The food is always excellent in whatever restaurant you choose. We particularly like the Zen Thai restaurant where the food is exceptional and I was greeted with birthday chocolates. The Manor Restaurant is lovely too, very traditional with an extensive menu, beautifully cooked and presented. The breakfasts served in the Manor restaurant are the best ever - one couldn't wish for anything more.
The service throughout the hotel is second to none - no way could it be improved!
Carey's Manor has the most perfect spa and pool and is for me the icing on the cake. The pool area is superb, the water just the right temperature and it sparkles like diamonds. There's also a sauna, steam room and a large Jacuzzi too. The highlight for me is the Hydrotherapy suite where the showers replicate thunder and lightening and rainstorms from around the world from tropical to ice cold - there's even snow if you need cooling down! The hydrotherapy pool itself is the best in the area with bubbles and air beds beneath the water to unknot tired muscles and relieve stressed shoulders and neck. It's perfect. So far I have not experienced the treatment room but I have every confidence in saying that I am sure the treatments are superb.
We are already looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We like staying in the Manor House itself but the beds are only 4'6" which is smaller than...
1 Thank UTFDorset
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed here for 3 nights for our 10th wedding anniversary.
On arrival we were greeted by a warm welcome at reception whilst we checked in. Then the concierge took over (Ray) who showed us to our room. I had mentioned over the phone this was our wedding anniversary and on entering our room were greeted by a congratulations balloon and a small box of quality chocolates which I thought was a very nice touch. Our car was parked for us and all our luggage brought up to our room. After this Ray showed us around the hotel which was very helpful.
We did have a slight issue with the air con in our room but this was soon rectified.
Our room was a decent size and fitted out with antique style furniture was very in keeping with the old manor house. And my wife said the four poster bed made her feel like a princess.
I couldn't fault the swimming pool or the spa facilities.
We used the Zen garden restaurant one night, our first experience of thai food and it was excellent.
The new forest breakfast is to die for, I have never seen such a wide variety to choose from for breakfast.
The hotel grounds are amazing with outdoor seating ares to relax and have a drink or two.
I would definitely come back again.
Thank you careys manor for making it such an enjoyable stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Having needed a relaxing break after several highly stressful weeks, I visited with my Mother late May 2014. The hotel team were friendly and polite without being over attentive.

I had a full body massage as part of the 'spa break' experience which was, and I have had many massages in the UK and abroad, one of the best I have ever experienced. Again, the staff were polite, calming and for want of a better word, 'comforting'.

The hydrotherapy area and spa rooms were all excellent. The SenSpa is an actual spa in the truest sense of the word (not just a jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and pool). There were many areas to sit and just be still or read. Pool side for quiet chat with my Mum and read the many glossy magazines provided by the hotel. Gorgeous smoothies were also available by ringing the pool phone, although slightly pricey, they were a good size and really tasty! All facilities are excellent - changing rooms, showers, towels etc.

We visited the Thai restaurant for supper. The food was exquisite and the service 10 out of 10. I had mentioned in the spa pre massage that I am allergic to shellfish as part of the preliminary questionnaire. The waiter asked me as I sat down at the table if I was the lady who was allergic to shellfish which therefore reassured me that they were aware of which oils/sauces I could have. That was just one example of where the customer service was second to none. I hadn't made a point of my allergy (when I probably should do!).

The morning breakfast was also lovely. In the Thai restaurant, garden along side with relaxing music, fresh fruit, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, staff left my Mother and I to sip coffee without hurrying us along.

Needless to say I left the following day with my Mother feeling thoroughly relaxed. Despite the price, which could be seen as fairly expensive, its worth every penny. You definitely get value for money if you appreciate peace, quiet and excellent customer service. I would recommend it to anyone needing a spa break, either for relaxation or a special occasion.

Thank you ever so much to Susie who was so helpful when I came to collect my Mothers nightie she had left by accident a few weeks later. Thank you to everyone who made our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: All bedroom facilities were excellent. We had a ground floor room, which due to booking at short not...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Surrey
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our first stay at Carey's Manor - the first of many. Room was smaller than we had expected, but spotless and comfortable, bathroom extractor noisy (17) - but apart from that - we were happy with the accommodation in the main manor house on the top floor (stairs a bit of struggle for me). Excellent location for touring.

Manor Restaurant and French Bistro were good, Thai restaurant was truly excellent and would highly recommend a lunch or evening meal at the Zen restaurant.

Senspa experience was exceptional. Hydrotherapy and spa facilities were wonderful and very therapeutic - weekends busy - mid week seemed quieter of course.

All hotel and Spa staff were attentive, helpful and keen to offer advice on local area and best use of the hotel and all the facilities. We will visit again.

Room Tip: Check the extractor fan and A/Con noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
Burley Manor
Burley Manor
#1 of 2 in Burley
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!