“Splendid experience”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while on a 4 days training drill with my organization, and the experience was just splendid.
Though the place looks uninviting from the road, it is a completely different thing inside. If you appreciate that it has Bern around a while, you will appreciate what it takes to keep it going.
Reception is small but welcoming; I checked in early so was aadvised to wait while the room is set up. I was given a tour of the facility, and quite impressive.
Food? We'll For an African, I may not be just in my rating, probably because I had to adapt to either English or Thai meals.
Serene outpost, friendly staff quiet, and laid back. Rooms clean, green-conscious, conservative, and good Wi-Fi,
Nice place for a break from the world outside.
Only snag is creaky wood floor panels when you step on it; but it's old.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your superb feedback and praise following you recent training course with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. It was extremely rewarding to read.
I note your comment regarding creaky floor boards which as you mention is due to the age of the building however, when in the future carpets are replaced this will of course be looked at.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future, perhaps on one of our leisure breaks.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is not often I will give something 1/5 and the reason Careys Manor qualifies for this is that it represents terrible value for money.

It is dated and gloomy inside. The room (we had one waaaay down the corridor from reception) was average sized. Again, it was pretty old school but without any old school charm or features. The bed wasn't very comfortable. The shower in the bath did not have the best of screens resulting in a easily wet floor.

For £200+ it was a bit of a joke. We heard other guests complain about the price and also cleanliness. For similar money, I have scored a room overlooking Circular Quay and the Opera House in Sydney!

Drinks from the bar were well overpriced too.

There were positives: friendly staff, a good buffet breakfast, wi-fi around the hotel. But none of that can make up for the expectations set by the room price.

Very disappointing and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who asked.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room there!
1  Thank TAMember06062012

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies that on this occasion you found the accommodation less than satisfactory. It is through such comments that help our business to progress and develop so that we may satisfy all our guests’ expectations in the future.

On a positive note I was pleased that you found our team friendly and that the buffet breakfast of good quality.

Based on this I hope that you will give us an opportunity to restore your faith in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Careys manor is the best get away location in the UK! Honestly if you have never been may I suggest you book now. I first heard about the Manor after a friend organised a hen weekend ( tasteful) we loved it so much I have been back 2 times since, I even went along to get away.

The team strive to improve so anything you feel they can improve on please let them know!

Thanks Team

Danielle Couch

Room Tip: They are all great! room 18 was gorgeous, huge!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your superb feedback and praise following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. It was extremely rewarding for us to read.

From your comments I am sure we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Perhaps one of our fabulous Spa Breaks would appeal to you ~ do check our website for details on our Spa Breaks or sign up to receive our Newsletters with details of new treatments and special offers.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I work as a Barrister in London and 2 weeks ago, when a case finished unexpectedly early, I decided to book a surprise break for my wife. I came across Carey's Manor on a recommendation from a colleague and can only say it was one of the best recommendations I have been given.
I booked a full body massage for my wife and myself for when we arrived which was the perfect way to start the weekend. We then had a meal in the Thai restaurant which was the nicest Thai meal we have had. The room really was lovely as was everything about the hotel. I actually had a facial the next day which is definitely a first but everyone commented on what a difference it made for my wife!
The Spa was so relaxing and all of the staff really welcoming - I can't speak highly enough about the whole experience. We will definitely book again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Your kind praise has been much appreciated by the whole team here at Careys Manor and we are grateful to you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Delighted you were able to get away from it all and treat both yourself and your wife to a relaxing break. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our 6th year at Careys and there will be a 7th! lovely hotel, we always stay in the Knightwood rooms that have a great view over a little garden with a water feature, very calming. Rooms refurbed to good standard. Well located to visit the spa and to access both restaurants. We booked the Friday offer which meant we had a bottle of Prosecco chilling in our room with chocolates and a welcome back card which was a nice touch. We cannot fault our stay....our room was cleaned well and all supplies refilled. If I had to find fault it would be that this time our room was very warm even with the door open but I am sure if I had called reception they would have provided a fan. I cant think of much that the staff at Careys wouldn't do to ensure the stay is a good as it can be. We totally enjoy our annual two night break and look forward to next year!

Room Tip: We like the Knightwood rooms with the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It is always a pleasure to learn of our guests returning time and time again and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your sixth visit to Careys Manor. We do indeed have fans readily available and have Air Conditioning in all of our Oakwood and Manor Bedrooms.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back for your seventh visit.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

For £258 per night B&B I was expecting a more luxurious hotel than it actually is - especially when you look at the photos on the website. You go expecting a wow factor and that just isn't there. For a superior double room, I felt it no more luxurious than a city centre chain hotel, it was nice that they use The White Company toiletries but 1 mini shower gel between 2 people is ridiculous. The bathroom was quite small and again very dated décor. The Manor dining room is more reminiscent of a conference room when you see the carpet and general décor, the bar area is dated and quite soulless. The TV room off that was nice as was the main reception, but these are the only original features left, or so it appears. Everything else is 1980's modern extension from when the original "manor" house was extended. Also, in other 4 star hotels I've stayed in, breakfast is cooked to order and not a buffet which are never as good. We dined in their sister hotel, The Montagu Arms, which was fabulous and that had a more luxurious feel to it all round. It's just a shame we couldn't stay there instead.
The SenSpa area has also benefited from clever photography on the website as this was also not much more up market than my local Virgin Active. Having to pay a further £70 for us to use the Hydrotherapy pool after already parting with £516 to stay seemed a bit steep.
My main problem with the place is that they are charging champagne money but you're getting lemonade in return. If I'd paid half what I did, I'd have said it was a fair price, but nearly £600 for two nights B&B with a couple of hours in an over-sized Jacuzzi? No.
A plus though are the staff who are all very professional and attentive without being over bearing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NeilN1

We are all naturally very disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us but are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience at our sister hotel, The Montagu Arms, Beaulieu.

We pride ourselves on our unique offering in SenSpa, our authentic Thai Spa. The facilities including the Hydrotherapy Pool, Experience Showers and Relaxation Rooms along with the various massage and beauty treatments rival some of the best Spas in the world and being short listed for the World Spa awards is testament to this.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and indeed your kind praise towards the team.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

60th birthday celebration made extra special by staying at Careys Manor.
Room 18, the Garden Suite, is the room to stay in as far as I'm concerned. It is our second visit and the second time in room 18. (Requested the second time).
The staff are ALL amazing. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is fabulous, no matter which of the 3 restaurants you eat in.
The senspa and hydrotherapy are so relaxing, they really know how to look after you.
The price is quite high for our pockets, but if you want value for money and a special stay, then this is definitely the place to stay. It is worth every penny.
A birthday present had been left for me and was placed in our room on arrival. A birthday card arrived late, but was forwarded home for me.
Don't miss out, book a senspa/hydrotherapy break and enjoy yourself with relaxation and meals included. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Room 18, The Garden Suite is BIG. On the first floor. No privacy issues with the windows. Close to t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent visit to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. As a much valued guest your feedback is extremely important to us and I am overjoyed that we met your expectations and made your visit a relaxing and wonderful break.

With kind regards

Thomas & The Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!