Myself and my partner stayed here for an overnight stay as part of the Hotels '£5 Friday deal' in an upgraded spacious ground floor room connected to the Garden area. The room itself was faultless, very clean with fantastic decor. The bathroom was equally impressive and very modern. It's worth mentioning the service we received from the Hotel staff throughout was exemplary, It really made us feel that nothing was too much trouble.
I'm particularly glad I had booked the hotel before subsequently reading some of the reviews on here as some suggest the Hotel is 'dated and could do with a refurb' though this in my opinion couldn't be further from the truth. If you come expecting a very modern decorated Hotel then it's not for you, part of the charm is the traditional/historical character of the Hotel throughout and every area of the Hotel was spotless especially the Spa/Pool area which was impressive though the Hydrotherapy Spa area is definitely worth the upgrade (£20.00pp for the half day use) to make the most of the facilities as the main pool and jacuzzi was very busy at times.
We decided to eat in the manor restaurant and this was also very enjoyable with exemplary service and a lovely meal.
One minor irritation of the whole experience was the afternoon tea which in the main was very good but with the exception of the hotel charging me an extra £5.00 for more sandwiches. I have visited the hotel previously for afternoon tea and this was never an issue in the past but this time they insisted on charging me a surcharge which considering the bigger scheme of things of spending almost £300.00 on the Hotel stay I would have hoped common sense would prevail and they would have considered the request reasonable and wavered the additional charge!
This aside our experience was highly enjoyable and I would certainly recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured in The Telegraph's Best Hotels in Hampshire. Blending just the right fusion of relaxed informality and stylish refinement, a break at Careys Manor Hotel will make you feel wonderfully pampered. Nestled between the New Forest National Park, Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa provides the perfect base for grown up getaways to escape and discover. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award winning SenSpa, 3 onsite restaurants and 4 star award winning service, create extraordinary memories at Careys Manor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careys Manor Hotel And Senspa
- Careys Manor Hotel & Sen Brockenhurst
- Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Careys Manor Spa Senspa
- Careys Manor Brockenhurst
- Careys Hotel Manor