“Relaxing”

Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the sister hotel in Beaulieu (Montagu Arms) and came here to use the facilities. We only had time to use the pool, sauna and steam room but were very pleased we did as it was a lovely place to relax. The staff were very helpful and friendly too.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I was so pleased to read that whilst staying at our sister hotel The Montagu Arms, that you were able to relax and enjoy our Spa facilities here at Careys Manor & SenSpa.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Careys Manor for an overnight stay in the future.

Thomas & The Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just returned from my daughters lovely wedding. Wonderfully managed and the day went exactly to plan. Staff were all excellent, friendly and efficient. Well done and thank you to every member of staff who contributed.
Unfortunately there was more than one issue in relation to the management of the bar area. Possibly due to language difficulties and understanding of staff there were at least 2 occasions to my knowledge where customers were overcharged and money was refunded when challenged. Honestly believe this was human error but be cautious.
Less excusable was the fact that prices charged for bottles of wine was more expensive than advertised on the wine list.There was no backing down and the staff insisted customers paid the newly raised higher price and said that the wine price list was out of date. They said no manager was available to make a decision. A relaxation of the higher price would have done so much for customer relations. In fact the same old list was still on view the following morning.
No draught beer or lager in bar i which was a shame. Can of Guinness £6!
Honestly these were my only issues on what was a superb day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brendan b
I am pleased that you found your daughter’s wedding was wonderfully managed and that all went to plan. I have passed your congratulations on to the team.

Please accept my sincere apologies that the bar team seemed to make errors in the handing of orders. We will of course review training in this regard. I will also be looking at the wine lists with our Head Bar Tender to see what went wrong on this occasion and again for this I sincerely apologise.

Cobham
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went to Careys Manor the day after we were married for a relaxing couple of days after the weeks of preparation the wedding took.
We parked outside the front door to drop our bags off and as soon as we were checking in a nice member of staf offered to park the car for us. Checking in was easy and friendly. We stayed in the manor house in a room with a four poster bed that was extrememly comfortable and the room was lovely too.
The staff in the bar and restaurant were friendly and chatty, the food was fantastic, breakfast was plentiful.
The Spa was fun, my wife enjoyed her treatments.
It was a shame to leave but with both left happy and relaxed and I couldn't recommend Careys manor highly enough for a visit. We will definitely be back sometime.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are very nice, those in the manor house are maybe a bit special but only had t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so pleased that you and your wife had a relaxing few days here with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa. It is always pleasing when our guests would recommend us and that they themselves plan to return.

You and your wife may find it an advantage to sign up to our newsletter to ensure that you are aware of our future breaks.

Bath
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel accommodation was great and the food was fantastic. I would recommend the Thai restaurant for locals to visit as the service really was sublime -the food just melts in your mouth!
Rooms are well maintained and very clean.
However, there was a simple error the hotel made with my credit card (charged £323 incorrectly). I politely brought it to their attention but was made to wait a further 4 days until the accounts department were 'back in work'. I had to chase this several times before receiving 'not one apology' for the original error or the fact I had to do all the chasing (three phone calls). Disappointingly, very poor service from a hotel that is perfect on every other way.
Good manners from management was all that was missing

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Leanne1977Bath
Thank you for your constructive feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in which we responded to your charging error. I understand that our Reservations & Front Office Manager has since been in touch with you and I trust we have resolved the situation to your total satisfaction.

I was pleased to learn that you found your accommodation comfortable, well maintained and cleanliness of a high standard. The team in the Zen Garden Restaurant will be delighted over your kind feedback with regard to your meal experience.

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here for an overnight stay as part of the Hotels '£5 Friday deal' in an upgraded spacious ground floor room connected to the Garden area. The room itself was faultless, very clean with fantastic decor. The bathroom was equally impressive and very modern. It's worth mentioning the service we received from the Hotel staff throughout was exemplary, It really made us feel that nothing was too much trouble.
I'm particularly glad I had booked the hotel before subsequently reading some of the reviews on here as some suggest the Hotel is 'dated and could do with a refurb' though this in my opinion couldn't be further from the truth. If you come expecting a very modern decorated Hotel then it's not for you, part of the charm is the traditional/historical character of the Hotel throughout and every area of the Hotel was spotless especially the Spa/Pool area which was impressive though the Hydrotherapy Spa area is definitely worth the upgrade (£20.00pp for the half day use) to make the most of the facilities as the main pool and jacuzzi was very busy at times.

We decided to eat in the manor restaurant and this was also very enjoyable with exemplary service and a lovely meal.

One minor irritation of the whole experience was the afternoon tea which in the main was very good but with the exception of the hotel charging me an extra £5.00 for more sandwiches. I have visited the hotel previously for afternoon tea and this was never an issue in the past but this time they insisted on charging me a surcharge which considering the bigger scheme of things of spending almost £300.00 on the Hotel stay I would have hoped common sense would prevail and they would have considered the request reasonable and wavered the additional charge!

This aside our experience was highly enjoyable and I would certainly recommend to others.

Room Tip: upgrade to a Garden room, we'll worth it, especially in the good weather months.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Your comments on Trip Advisor are very encouraging and we very much appreciate your frank and honest review. It is feedback such as this that lifts the spirit of the team and we do pass this on to them.

We have recently reviewed our Afternoon Tea offering and I am pleased to inform you that we now offer further sandwiches and scones as standard as part of the tea experience.

CevCev
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Agree with the current excellent reviews of this hotel. A few recent reviews have not been very positive and to be honest it is difficult to see why. The Oakwood rooms are excellent and the Senspa is a must. The beauty and massage treatments are excellent and are well worth the cost. The Thai restaurant in the hotel is super. Overall that is one of the hotels differentiating features, three restaurants to choose from, excellent Thai spa and super staff, who were all excellent. Any niggles? Possible the breakfasts could be a little more adventurous , smoked salmon and scrambled egg? a few more specially cooked options. Also the towels a bit hit and miss in the bathrooms, but overall lovely hotel, thank you Careys Manor for a super stay.

1 Thank CevCev
Thank you for posting your valued feedback on Trip Advisor. I note your remark regarding breakfast and I am pleased to advise you that in the Autumn we are refurbishing the Manor Restaurant and introducing a new concept which will include our Breakfast offering. For now, this remains an area of our focus.

Once again the team here at Careys Manor thank you for your comments and look forward to meeting you once again in the future.

Guildford
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here from Monday to Wednesday in an Oakwood room. Lovely sized room, with a little terraced area to sit out, White Company toiletries and a lovely big bed. The room had been well cleaned. The attention to customer service at this hotel was fantastic; from check-in through to check out the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. We ate at La Blaireau and Zen Garden on the dinner, bed and breakfast package. Both restaurants had a lovely atmosphere, great staff and reflected a reasonable price for a nice hotel in the middle of the New Forest. Breakfast was amazing - so much variety and choice. Staff at breakfast were quick to remove used plates and refill empty dishes. We did upgrade to use the ZenSpa facilities for one morning and that was a great experience - we could both spend hours in the hydrotherapy pool. There are a few local pubs very close by if, like us you decide to venture out for a drink. We both had treatments at the SenSpa which were not the highlight of our visit but don't take away from the lovely time we had at the hotel itself.

Room Tip: Oakwood room on the ground floor have a big bed and sitting area in the room as well as a terraced a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We were so pleased to read that you very much enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us at Careys Manor & SenSpa. Reviews such as this really lift the team and for this we are extremely thankful.

All the team would love to welcome you back in the future and may I invite you to keep an eye on our web site for our full list of Spa breaks.

Kind regards
Thomas & the Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Rhinefield House Hotel
Burley Manor
Burley Manor
#1 of 2 in Burley
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!