We travelled to Carey's Manor for a Zen Spa Escape Break and were bowled over from the moment we arrived. The reception we received was outstanding. Three members of staff paid us attention and a special mention must go to Michael, who carried our luggage to our room on the other side of the hotel and stopped and showed us everything we would need to know to enjoy our break. Even when we got to our room, Michael was keen to show us everything, how it worked and where to go if we required anything further. Outstanding customer service.
The Spa itself was absolutely world class, as we had heard and were expecting. Some of the facilities we had never used before (such as a tepidarium and locarnicum) were incredibly relaxing. We both indulged in our first professional massage and were much the better for it afterwards!!
The only negative we could think of was unfortunately to do with the food! The Manor Restaurant (fine dining) is a double AA rosette restaurant. We have eaten at other double AA rosetted restaurants, some in the local area (The Glasshouse) and unfortunately the Manor Restaurant didn't live up to our expectations. Anise at East Grinstead Spa was also superior as a double AA rosette restaurant. The prices for the Manor Restaurant were also excessive compared to other restaurants in the local area (£8.50 for a sorbet?)
To balance this, we chose the Thai restaurant the following day for lunch and we were blown away. The Thai restaurant is a single AA rosette restaurant and is infinitely more reasonable on prices. I have to admit, the green Thai curry I had was easily the best I have ever tasted. The ingredients were all extremely fresh and particular attention was paid to textures and fragrances, a detail missing from your typical Thai. To boot, the chef and staff all working there are Thai.
All in all, an amazing spa resort ideal for a relaxing and romantic break. The fine dining restaurant may disappoint but fortunately there are plenty of choices as alternatives. We will most definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Careys Manor Hotel and Senspa is a luxury 4 star spa hotel set in the heart of the beautiful New Forest. This highly commended hotel has been voted Hotel Spa of the Year by the British Beauty Awards and awarded Gold by the Green Business Tourism Scheme. With three restaurants, there is plenty to choose from - whether you prefer fine dining in our Cambium restaurant, a relaxed atmosphere in Blaireaus French Bistro or want to enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in the Zen Garden Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careys Manor Hotel And Senspa
- Careys Manor Hotel & Sen Brockenhurst
- Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Careys Manor Spa Senspa
- Careys Hotel Manor
- Careys Manor Brockenhurst