I booked to stay here between 22nd and 24th of August for a surprise weekend away with my wife. I did not book directly, but rather through an intermediary. However I did call the hotel directly in advance to 1) book a table at the Thai restaurant, and 2) request an upgrade to the "SenSpa" facilities. Each time I called the staff were excellent. In particular when I called to upgrade, I was asked if there was any specific reason for my stay and I mentioned it was for our anniversary. This was clearly noted as on our arrival (for which the check in was very smooth and friendly) and having been shown to our room there was a congratulatory card and box of chocolates waiting for us - very thoughtful.
The hotel itself looks excellent, with a wise decision being made to house the reception in the Manor House with the extended, more modern buildings hidden within the garden area. We stayed in a double room in the Manor House, which was spacious and well appointed and had free wifi which actually worked (a rarity, I find). The only detractor here was the shower, which was not very powerful (but that might be my personal preference!).
The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and knowledgeable, particularly the reception staff who went out of their way to ensure we knew where we were going and how to get around.
We upgraded to use the SenSpa (a nominal charge on top of the room) so I didn't use the leisure facilities, but they did look good. The SenSpa was high quality, very relaxing and not too busy, with plenty of different hydrotherapy treatments to try. My wife had a Thai massage which she thoroughly enjoyed.
Speaking of Thai, the Zen Garden restaurant was probably the highlight of the trip (other than some wonderful, scenic cycling through the forest!). While the service was ever so slightly frenetic, the food spoke for itself; it was easily the best Thai food I have ever eaten.
When Sunday rolled around I was sad to leave. Checkout was painless and friendly though. I have a feeling we will visit this hotel again in the future if we can, for the Spa, for the Thai food and for the excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Careys Manor Hotel and Senspa is a luxury 4 star spa hotel set in the heart of the beautiful New Forest. This highly commended hotel has been voted Hotel Spa of the Year by the British Beauty Awards and awarded Gold by the Green Business Tourism Scheme. With three restaurants, there is plenty to choose from - whether you prefer fine dining in our Cambium restaurant, a relaxed atmosphere in Blaireaus French Bistro or want to enjoy authentic Thai cuisine in the Zen Garden Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careys Manor Hotel And Senspa
- Careys Manor Hotel & Sen Brockenhurst
- Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Careys Manor Spa Senspa
- Careys Hotel Manor
- Careys Manor Brockenhurst