“Wonderful staff!”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary and altho there were a few hiccups in the room the staff more than made up for it! Claire Field in particular was simply outstanding and nothing was too much trouble for her!
We had children for our afternoon tea party and the creche was great for them...the member of staff in there was fabulous! All the staff in this hotel were exceptional! If you are looking for a forest get-away with a spa and want to take your kids then this is it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Doreen D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Brighton
Reviewed 11 April 2012

A fantastic hotel in a beautiful location. The hotel, spa and it's grounds are all without exception great. From the moment we saw the building, we could tell it was well looked after. The hotel, rooms, lounges, bars and restaurant are superbly turned out and the staff were helpful beyond the call of duty. We ate in the restaurant the first night and were rewarded with very high quality food, wine and coffee. The spa was clean, well maintained and never short of towels or fresh water. The outdoor hottub was brilliant.
We walked to Lyndhurst to eat one evening but couldn't find a taxi for the journey. I called the hotel and a cab was arranged to pick us up in a couple of minutes.
A first rate destination whose management clearly think of what their guests want instead of waiting to be asked like most places.
Also, proper filter coffee in the room is a cut above.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steveandkara
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I booked this at the last minute as my family and i were let down by another hotel with two days notice.
I was extremely pleased when we pulled up at New Park Manor. The driveway and surrounding areas are beautiful. Check in was easy and we were personally led to our rooms by the hotel receptionist who was very friendly. Rooms were clean and good size - also there is a TV in the bath!
We were very lucky to have the hot weather at the end of March so we were able to sit outside in our bathing suits by the hot tub. The outdoor seating area was lovely and the hot tub was brilliant.
We all had spa treatments and the massage i had was one of the best. The swimming pool is a nice size.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and this is the only part which lets the hotel down. It is very quiet and we whispered part way through dinner. The meal selection was not made clear as the "package" we had bought didn't state the dinner allowance so there was a little confusion. The food was nice but i wouldn't say it was the best i have eaten. Although the chips were pretty tasty! Breakfast wasn't the best. I prefer buffet style breakfasts where you can help yourself rather than pre-arranged menu options.

All round the hotel is great. when you are sat outside it feels like you are in a wildlife park with all the sheep, deer and horses about.

I would most definitely stay here again - but perhaps go out in the evening for dinner somewhere a bit livelier.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
London, UK
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed at New Park Manor on their Super Sundays offer (£160 for a Classic Room with 2 course dinner and breakfast included) and had a lovely time. The staff were very welcoming and our initial impression of the hotel was lovely. It is set back from the road in the middle of an equestrian centre so has a lovely isolated feel (possibly not when a competition or show is going on though!).

The spa is great - very well appointed facilities and not at all overcrowded when we were there. The staff were able to recommend us walks in the local area, though you might be better off driving to another point if you want to experience the real forest - the walk to Brockenhurst does go past a delightful river crossing, but otherwise is mainly open moorland rather than trees.

The high point of our visit was dinner - the food at the restaurant lives up to the two rosette award and was simply exquisite. Good sized portions and immaculate presentation, with flavours to match.

The only disappointment was the room itself - I think we were upgraded (though they didn't say) and stayed on the first floor in the old building (Room 8). This room, at least is badly in need of a make-over. Rather elderly, sagging mattress with mismatched furniture and, as other people have commented, the shower in the bath appears to be more decorative than useable - would definitely recommend showering in the spa instead. Still, the rest of our stay more than made up for it, and it wouldn't require too much work to turn this hotel into something truely amazing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank outonalimb2
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here for diner bed and breakfast, we used the spa which was great and enjoyable very relaxing. We went back to our room which needs a bit to TLC I went to wash my hair and the shower head over the bath was not very good low power and the temperature kept fluctuating. I would recommend you shower in the spa. We went to dinner and it took 1 hour 40 minutes to serve 2 courses which I wouldn’t mind if the hotel was busy but, there were only 5 couples in the hotel and 3 of us were in the restaurant. Breakfast on the other hand was quick and out of this world.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mostu
hampshire
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Having stayed at New Park Manor last October when we really enjoyed our visit we decided to reward ourselves with another visit. This visit was every bit as good as the first! This hotel is so peaceful - it is a really good place to unwind and relax. The spa is lovely - this time we enjoyed a mud therapy as well as a relax in the outdoor hot tub whilst watching the herd of deer grazing in the opposite field. We also hired some bikes and cycled into Brockenhurst. Thr route is along forest tracks (and is almost completely flat) and only took about 1/2 an hour - it was great to get away from all the noise and traffic and simply enjoy the beauty of the New Forest. We really enjoyed our visit and came away feeling really relaxed and refreshed - we would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was originally recommended this hotel by a colleague and it totally lived up to their review. I was looking for one nights stay in a classic country hotel with the added luxury of Spa facilities and treatments; with a back drop of the beautiful New Forest countryside which could also offer excellent food and accommodation…but I wanted all this on a fairly meagre budget. On listening to my colleague rave about the fantastic experience he had a couple of months ago I took the decision to book up a nights stay at New Park Manor. This was the best move I could have made!

From the moment you drive down the road approaching the hotel you feel you are away from it all, a true retreat. On checking in I was greeted by Jenny who remembered me calling and booking the previous day, she also remembered the reason for our get away was a special occasion and went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. Our room was in the original ‘old’ part of the building, complete with wonky floors and creaking floor boards it oozed personality. We had the pleasure of staying in one of the best rooms on the first floor, I can’t comment on any other room obviously but room 5 which was otherwise named but don’t ask my by what, was stunning, with wonderful views over the hotel gardens, fields and countryside. I was equally impressed with the bathroom, which sometimes gets overlooked but with roll top bath, flag stone flooring and again sumptuous views whilst sipping champagne from the bath it really was idyllic and worth mentioning. I must say though that I did think that the new part of the hotel sort of let the overall hotels appearance down. Although it had clearly been done sympathetically you couldn’t help feel it was a little cold and generic conference hotel did spring to mind. However I must add that I didn’t see inside any of the rooms which could have been completely different to the impression that that hallways gave.

When booking I took up the offer which was running at the time ‘Rufus Retreat’ this included a 1hr spa treatment for each person, accommodation, evening meal and breakfast for a set price. Our treatments were fabulous, the spa was terrific, all the facilities were outstanding. The pool was a good size and the actual sauna and steam rooms were fitted out to a high standard and spotless. The decking area was complete with hot tub with a variety of seating areas which would be perfect on a warm summer evenings. We went on a quiet Thursday in in March and were blessed with great weather, nobody else around and sipping champagne from the warmth of the hot tub bubbles watching the horses graze in the next field...ahhh we really couldn’t help but feel we were away from it all.

Our evening meal was another pleasurable experience, although on the night we did feel that the main meal selection was slightly limited, two pork dishes and two fish dishes, however we were offered the bistro menu in addition to order from so there was still some choice. All three courses were delicious and I would happily visit again just for the food. Wine and champagne I felt was very reasonably priced, a bottle of Pinot Grigio £33 which by restaurant prices I think is fair. If I was to be super picky I would say the restaurant was a little too quiet for our liking, even though there were a number of people eating at the same time it did feel a bit like a doctors waiting room, everyone whispering but maybe we were all a quiet lot and it’s not always like that.

Breakfast was lovely, but I think I would bulk slightly at the price if this hadn’t been included in our package but again I'm probably out of touch in what the going rate for breakfast is these days.

Over all it was a truly fantastic experience, the service we received was exceptional. I would like to once again personally thank Jenny for her fantastic service, nothing was too much bother and if all hotels and other front facing servicing establishments had a Jenny there would be little need for Trip Advisor as everyone would be made to feel that there stay is just as important as all the other 100’s before them. I do not hesitate in recommending New Park, we very much hope to visit there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cordovero_100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Lime Wood Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,740 reviews
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!